Pistol caliber suppressor

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Liver
Silent But Deadly

Pistol caliber suppressor

Post by Liver »

I'm going to start out by saying I don't know what I am really asking.

I'm looking for a suppressor for 9mm and 45 caliber. The can will be direct threaded or 3 lug mounted on a rifle. Shot rapidly and full auto. I have several 9mm machine guns and sometimes I just don't want to bring the Coastal sub gun suppressor.

I can convert a couple of those 9mm into 45 with an upper switch. However, I know whats going to happen. I'll build a 45 auto upper and shoot it a couple of times and go back to a 9mm for auto. Any rate, I want to have the option of going 45.

I don't think I will ever use this on a pistol. Then again, I may. Today I was shooting my rebuilt 9mm can, and launched the baffle stack down range. Just a couple of baffles, I'm going to put the old girl on the shelf. She's had a good run. F--k it.

I have been reading about the Silencerco Hybrid and it looks like exactly what I am looking for. Is there anything like it? Anything else I should look into?

Edit: I don't care if it disassembles. I would like to dunk it in my ultrasonic cleaner (if it doesn't come apart).
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Re: Pistol caliber suppressor

Post by curtistactical »

If you you don't find what you are looking for on the market contact me [email protected] and I can custom build a suppressor to fit your needs.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

The Hybrid is a big can, why not an Octane or Griffin Armament Revolution in 45? You already got the monster volume can covered. How much suppression do you need? If smaller and lighter, but still hearing safe is the goal you could do worse.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

My first pistol can (and most likely my next can) is going to be the Rugged Obsidian. Tough, light, quiet and affordable. Plus it comes apart and is modular as well.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

I don't have the 45 large volume can covered. I don't know how important that is (to my uses).

Another can I was looking at was the Octane. Has stainless baffles so I can use my ultrasonics cleaner. Weight is more of a concern when it's on a pistol, so far away with the leverage it exerts. Off a shouldered SBR? Less apparent to me anyways.

I have slowly moved away from suppressed pistols. Just not as fun as suppressed rifles for me. Suppressed machine guns are more funner (funnerest). :D
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

Liver wrote:
Just not as fun as suppressed rifles for me. Suppressed machine guns are more funner (funnerest). :D
Funny I found the same thing out. :D
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I'd add the Liberty 45 can to the lsit above. I believe it is the only one rated for 458 SOCOM.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Hybrid also supports 458 socom (16" barrel minimum).
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

ncorry wrote:I'd add the Liberty 45 can to the lsit above. I believe it is the only one rated for 458 SOCOM.
I have a Mystic so I think the Cosmic (Liberty 45) is great! Where am I gonna find that? Great.
cpc989

Post by cpc989 »

Liver wrote:
ncorry wrote:I'd add the Liberty 45 can to the lsit above. I believe it is the only one rated for 458 SOCOM.
I have a Mystic so I think the Cosmic (Liberty 45) is great! Where am I gonna find that? Great.

Is there a min barrel length for 458 socom and the liberty 45? Didn't see one listed on their website.
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Post by Liver »

Well I did more reading on the Cosmic. It can use all my Mystic adapters. I have the 1/2x28, 13.5x1L and the tri lug. Found a local dealer that had them in stock and bought it.

Thanks. Didn't even know they made it.