MPX or CZ Scorpion

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Sorpion or MPX

MPX
50%
Scorpion
47%
Not a Sub gun fan
3%

Total votes: 32

TITAN308

Re: MPX or CZ Scorpion

Post by TITAN308 »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
TITAN308 wrote:I have had a SBR Scorpion since March of 2015. Zero gas in the face suppressed. Little recoil, especially with 147gr or heavier. Gets my vote. lol

I have to admit that CZ looks very legit. It a good job with setting up the rig itself. I'm just wondering what suppressor you are running.

For me I chose to run with the MPX and bought one recently. I will upload pictures soon.

Sorry for late response, it is an AAC Evolution 9. I think they are discontinued at this point.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Playhard321 wrote:My MPX Gen2 will not cycle new or rem 147 gr. Freedom Munitions ammo. Sadly, this is what I primarily use with all my glocks and works great. Sig told me that it was a common problem and for me to try "name brand" ammo. So far everything I've tried will cycle except the freedom munitions 147's. I've tested Fiocchi, American Eagle, Speer Lawman and Federal(black box) and all work flawlessly.
Have you already finished the break in for it mpx. My gun Smith was telling me that they ha e to broken in pretty good for them to function properly.
Playhard321

Post by Playhard321 »

I've only got about 500 rounds through my MPX thus far. Still waiting on my form 1 and stock. I just received another approved form 1(1/15/16) from another SBR project yesterday so probably another week or two for the MPX. When using 147 gr. Freedom Munitions it will jam 7/10 rounds. I get FTE mostly followed with the occasional bolt not grabbing another round and going back into full battery. Mainly the empty casing just gets stuck loosely in the chamber and doesn't fully eject. But like I said it works flawlessly with every other brand ammo 115's, 124's, 147's and 158gr. This was tested on the stock 8" barrel and also on a 4.5" barrel suppressed or not results are the same.
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

Playhard321 - Is your MPX a Gen 1 or a Gen 2?
Chase

suppressortools.com
Playhard321

Post by Playhard321 »

Gen2
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Playhard321 wrote:Gen2
I called Sig last week and they said they are planning on releasing the K config later on this year.
Playhard321

Post by Playhard321 »

I've already had my MPX barrel cut down to 4.5" and rethreaded to 1/2x28. My 4" K-Keymod handguard has been on preorder since Jan and should be released hopefully in the next month or two.
db0

Post by db0 »

I've shot both side by side with Shockwave Blade's on them. All 3 of the guys I was with agreed the Scorpion was the better shooter. The controls felt better. The gun was just outstanding to shoot.
mrtoyz
Silent Operator

Post by mrtoyz »

Had the chance to shoot both before I purchased. Was not overly impressed with the Scorpion, it felt loose and obviously very "plastic", and did not like the ergos. MPX I shot ran flawlessly, looked fantastic, is modular (huge deal for me) and the ergos are AR. I chose the MPX, go figure. I think its the only sub gun to truly compare to the HK. Only time will tell if it can be as dependable.

I see a few people with feeding issues. I had issues with 147gn HP as well. Contacted Sig and was told to break the gun in with supersonic 115 or 124gn. Wasnt happy about it but I bought 200 115's, mag dumped them all, then ran another 100 147's. It worked, the gun ran flawlessly.

Toyz
I'll keep my guns and money.....You can keep the "change".