CURTIS TACTICAL ST9CFP MULTI USE SUPPRESSOR *BOOSTER PHOTOS ADDED*

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

CURTIS TACTICAL ST9CFP MULTI USE SUPPRESSOR *BOOSTER PHOTOS ADDED*

Post by curtistactical »

Here are some photos of our new ST9CFP suppressor. We designed this suppressor with multi use as the main objective. The suppressor is 7.00" long 1.37" diameter and 12oz. All baffles and the rear cap are 17-4ss, the tube and front cap are typeIII hard anodized aluminum. The thread on the rear of the suppressor is a 5/8-24 for easy attachment on 300blk, our booster assembly mounts directly to the rear of the suppressor using the 5/8-24 thread allowing use on browning type pistol actions. The suppressor is rated full auto 9mm and 300blk sub sonic and semi auto 300blk super sonic down to an 8" barrel. With the totally sealed baffle stack the inside of the tube never gets dirty making baffle removal and cleaning simple and easy.
Any questions email [email protected]
Joe

Last edited by curtistactical on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Re: CURTIS TACTICAL ST9CFP MULTI USE SUPPRESSOR

Post by roodyrocker »

That looks pretty! Any more details on piston/mount options for other calibers? Pricing? what kind of suppression can we expect? Again, looks nice!

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

Send one over to Fireman1291 to review and you will be in business.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

roodyrocker wrote:That looks pretty! Any more details on piston/mount options for other calibers? Pricing? what kind of suppression can we expect? Again, looks nice!

Rudy
The booster/piston assembly mounts directly to the rear of the suppressor using the 5/8-24 thread, the pistons come in all standard threads and custom threads are available. We are working on a 3 lug mount for the rear also. MSRP is $625, the booster assembly with one piston is $225. With the testing we have done on a sig p228 9mm using 147gr federal avg meter is 128db, 8" 300blk 220gr sub sonic handloads avg meter 125db, 8" barrel 300blk 125gr super sonic load avg meter 136db.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

mars wrote:Send one over to Fireman1291 to review and you will be in business.
I know he is busy with all of the new suppressors on the market from some big names, I also know I am just a little fish. I would love for him to review our suppressors as he does a thorough job and has some really nice videos.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

curtistactical wrote:
mars wrote:Send one over to Fireman1291 to review and you will be in business.
I know he is busy with all of the new suppressors on the market from some big names, I also know I am just a little fish. I would love for him to review our suppressors as he does a thorough job and has some really nice videos.

Nice design! Thanks for showing.

Much success.

$200 saved when HPA passes ... vibe and call CongressPeople...
will be put to good use toward your metal art.

Best.
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

curtistactical wrote:
roodyrocker wrote:That looks pretty! Any more details on piston/mount options for other calibers? Pricing? what kind of suppression can we expect? Again, looks nice!

Rudy
The booster/piston assembly mounts directly to the rear of the suppressor using the 5/8-24 thread, the pistons come in all standard threads and custom threads are available. We are working on a 3 lug mount for the rear also. MSRP is $625, the booster assembly with one piston is $225. With the testing we have done on a sig p228 9mm using 147gr federal avg meter is 128db, 8" 300blk 220gr sub sonic handloads avg meter 125db, 8" barrel 300blk 125gr super sonic load avg meter 136db.
Thank you for the info! Does the MSRP of $625 include a booster when you first buy the suppressor or are they separate?

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

roodyrocker wrote:
curtistactical wrote:

Rudy
Thank you for the info! Does the MSRP of $625 include a booster when you first buy the suppressor or are they separate?

Rudy
The Booster assembly and suppressor are sold separate, we did this to cut cost for the guys who have no need for a booster. The 3 lug adapter we are designing will attach the same as the booster assembly.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Re: CURTIS TACTICAL ST9CFP MULTI USE SUPPRESSOR *BOOSTER PHOTOS ADDED*

Post by curtistactical »

Photos of booster assembly added.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
Rich V
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Rich V »

Beautiful work Joe. I always liked the golf ball effect, done by a ball mill I assume?
Rich V
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

how about some video and some side by side comparison? you want sales right?
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

Rich V wrote:Beautiful work Joe. I always liked the golf ball effect, done by a ball mill I assume?
Rich V
Thank you, yes we use a ball mill for the pattern.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

mars wrote:how about some video and some side by side comparison? you want sales right?
Right now I am working on this huge backlog and the weather is starting to get nicer so we will be doing some videos shortly, any requests for comparisons? I have access to a Tirant9 that I can do some comparisons with. Of course we want to make sales that's what business is all about, our main business is custom built suppressors including integrals and recoring old suppressors. The standard line of suppressors we offer gives someone an off the shelf item they can purchase from us instead of buying the run of the mill, everybody and their brother has one suppressors from the big names. We will never be as big as Silencerco, Gemtech, etc. because that's not what I want my shop to be, if you buy from us you get custom work and custom service, we will never be too big to provide this to our customers. Our customers always return to us for their suppressor needs after they have purchased one from us because we take care of them, period.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

How about making the same can with a 30 caliber hole?
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

quiettime wrote:How about making the same can with a 30 caliber hole?
We have done that and if someone wanted one we would do it but with all of the 300blk loads I tested it on there was nearly no difference other than more back pressure and blowback on the AR we were using. Pretty much this suppressor was designed around 300blk it just has the benefit of using it on a 9mm handgun where it does exceptionally well also, I haven't metered the Tirant9 yet but shooting next to it my ear couldn't tell the difference between it and ours on Sig p228's, on 300blk subs ours was noticeably quieter. The bore on this suppressor is .400" so its not a huge over bore for 30cal.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Would be for a bolt gun. Same price?
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

curtistactical wrote:
mars wrote:how about some video and some side by side comparison? you want sales right?
Right now I am working on this huge backlog and the weather is starting to get nicer so we will be doing some videos shortly, any requests for comparisons? I have access to a Tirant9 that I can do some comparisons with. Of course we want to make sales that's what business is all about, our main business is custom built suppressors including integrals and recoring old suppressors. The standard line of suppressors we offer gives someone an off the shelf item they can purchase from us instead of buying the run of the mill, everybody and their brother has one suppressors from the big names. We will never be as big as Silencerco, Gemtech, etc. because that's not what I want my shop to be, if you buy from us you get custom work and custom service, we will never be too big to provide this to our customers. Our customers always return to us for their suppressor needs after they have purchased one from us because we take care of them, period.
Joe
take on the big boys. don't be afraid. if you got the best suppressor, people will buy. if you have a mystic x, octane, or an osprey. best of luck!
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

quiettime wrote:Would be for a bolt gun. Same price?
Yes it would be the same price, just a smaller hole, you also have the choice of going with a stainless tube for the same price.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
propeine
Silent But Deadly

Post by propeine »

curtistactical wrote:Here are some photos of our new ST9CFP suppressor. We designed this suppressor with multi use as the main objective. The suppressor is 7.00" long 1.37" diameter and 12oz. All baffles and the rear cap are 17-4ss, the tube and front cap are typeIII hard anodized aluminum. The thread on the rear of the suppressor is a 5/8-24 for easy attachment on 300blk, our booster assembly mounts directly to the rear of the suppressor using the 5/8-24 thread allowing use on browning type pistol actions. The suppressor is rated full auto 9mm and 300blk sub sonic and semi auto 300blk super sonic down to an 8" barrel. With the totally sealed baffle stack the inside of the tube never gets dirty making baffle removal and cleaning simple and easy.
Any questions email [email protected]
Joe

works of art

Thanks for posting these Joe! I've been looking forward to seeing the pictures and they didn't disappoint! Your booster is beautiful compared to my somewhat crude design but you know mine is heavily inspired by what you've done here.

Tom
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

propeine wrote:
Thanks for posting these Joe! I've been looking forward to seeing the pictures and they didn't disappoint! Your booster is beautiful compared to my somewhat crude design but you know mine is heavily inspired by what you've done here.

Tom
Thank you. I have to say of all the boosters I used including ones we have done in the past this stays cleaner and smoother than any of them. I have yet to get this dirty enough to quit working or even get sluggish for that matter, at assembly there is just a small amount of nickel anti seize applied inside to keep the material from galling. I know you based your booster off this so I am going to say you will be happy with it.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02