The omega 9k

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: The omega 9k

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

quiettime wrote:
seattlite wrote:
The Harvester, NON-BIG BORE, mounts will fit the Omega 9k...I confirmed it with Silencerco:
Reeeeeally...well the Harvester mount fits the Omega (.30 cal) so that opens up a lot of possibilities
I think the Omega 30 is same as Harvester BIG Bore not regular.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:
quiettime wrote: I think the Omega 30 is same as Harvester BIG Bore not regular.
Dang, I got excited :lol:
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
chase wrote:The 150 grain 9 mm HST, it just release last month and I was wondering if you have heard anything about it. It's running at 900 ft./s and it's a great round design.
I don't see the point, the 147 HST is a fantastic round, what does the 150 do differently and better?
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

tf2addict wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:
chase wrote:The 150 grain 9 mm HST, it just release last month and I was wondering if you have heard anything about it. It's running at 900 ft./s and it's a great round design.
I don't see the point, the 147 HST is a fantastic round, what does the 150 do differently and better?

I definitely agree that 147 HST is a great round, just want to see the 150 in action. Low flash and less recoil, it was designed for short barrel pistols. I was planning on trying it for my M&P9C with a omega9k when it gets out of jail. Also for the MPX too.
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

I don't notice flash to be an issue with any HST (or any 9mm load for that matter). As far as short barrels go, AmmoQuest's testing on YouTube shows the regular HSTs to perform great in short barrels.

If the 150s in fact have lower recoil than the 147s (which granted are pretty warm) then I would really like to see what velocity they are coming in at.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

tf2addict wrote:I don't notice flash to be an issue with any HST (or any 9mm load for that matter). As far as short barrels go, AmmoQuest's testing on YouTube shows the regular HSTs to perform great in short barrels.

If the 150s in fact have lower recoil than the 147s (which granted are pretty warm) then I would really like to see what velocity they are coming in at.
Right now the hundred and 150 grain micros are coming in at 900 ft./s. The big you two guys that do and overviews have ordered some boxes of it for testing. So we'll have to wait and see what they come up with in the video itself. Some have speculated and made accusations that this could possibly a rebrand of the 147 grain HST's. But seeing that the rounds are so close in weight and use the same bullet I believe federal made some changes to make them stand out and not be looked at as the same.