Omega 9k

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Omega 9k

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Well I pulled the trigger on the Omega 9K last month. And it should be on his way here probably this upcoming month. I'm looking forward to putting this on my MPX and M&P 9C. I'm just here looking for anyone else experience with the suppressor itself. Any issues, tips and tricks, and maintenance to the actual usage. Lastly I was wondering has anyone here ran their can what. I know it's a very typical question but I have two other suppressors one Rifle and one pistol. In particular I'm talking about the pistol suppressor, do you have any problems running the Omega wet.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: Omega 9k

Post by quiettime »

Still a very new can to the market so not a lot of them in the wild yet, but based on some of the testimonies of folks on this board who are industry insiders, it's a great can.

Have you seen the YouTube reviews by Capitol Armory and NFA Review Channel?
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

quiettime wrote:Still a very new can to the market so not a lot of them in the wild yet, but based on some of the testimonies of folks on this board who are industry insiders, it's a great can.

Have you seen the YouTube reviews by Capitol Armory and NFA Review Channel?
I have seen their videos and reviews. I was very intrigued and excited when I watched and read their discussions about it. But looking at it from a different point of view they are people that sell suppressors. No offense to them, they are great people. I'm just looking for other fellow owners that have played around with it personally for a while. I swore to myself that I will only need 2 suppressors. One spec war 762 and a octane 45 HD, and look how that worked out. I had a great experience with silencer Co. and want to continue this long road of success.

This is going work great for my MPX and my M&P 9 Compact. The only question now is, is there a Kydex company that makes suppressor holsters? that will be awesome
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Michael Black 47 wrote:The only question now is, is there a Kydex company that makes suppressor holsters? that will be awesome
Kydex gets soft at a low temperature, unless your only planning on storing the suppressor is before shooting, it will not hold its shape once the suppressor gets hot and could even melt.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

I dropped the dime on one Friday. B&H LEO Supply was running an in-house factory How-Do sale for DD-214 Vets, no live demos.. Also ordered a Osprey 45. Wanted to get my X-mas shopping complete before the July "change"..

My 9mm, 40S&W, 9mm needs had me looking at the Ti-Rant and Octane 45 HD, as a blended solution, using the needed adapters. I am not hi-speed anymore and do not need one per as some would suggest..

Talked to the factory rep about a can for my P938,, He has one with the 9K, as does the shop owner. Both highly recommend the 9K as a great match to smaller 9mm pistols. Also mentioned that many with Glock 43 are using the 9K...

I was not really looking for my P938, as I didn't think there was a "good" lite-wt solution for the short barrel 9mm.. But when I had the change to fondle and stroke the sealed system Osprey 9k, I was turned around..

Can't wait to take delivery.. :]

PS: I currently have the Omega in 30 cal, w/ adapters for my 5.56 & 6.5,, and a Element II..

PPS: Not my toys but it represents the 9K comparison to Osprey 45,

Last edited by JJinParadise on Mon May 23, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

CanOfWhooppass wrote:
Michael Black 47 wrote:The only question now is, is there a Kydex company that makes suppressor holsters? that will be awesome
Kydex gets soft at a low temperature, unless your only planning on storing the suppressor is before shooting, it will not hold its shape once the suppressor gets hot and could even melt.
I was thinking the same way we use suppressor covers for a hot can to grab. A insert liner could be pushed in and secured within the Kydex holster and allow you to store it if it gets hot. But it is not possible a metal holster with the same type of concept.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

JJinParadise wrote:I dropped the dime on one Friday. B&H LEO Supply was running an in-house factory How-Do sale for DD-214 Vets, no live demos.. Also ordered a Osprey 45. Wanted to get my X-mas shopping complete before the July "change"..

My 9mm, 40S&W, 9mm needs had me looking at the Ti-Rant and Octane 45 HD, as a blended solution, using the needed adapters. I am not hi-speed anymore and do not need one per as some would suggest..

Talked to the factory rep about a can for my P938,, He has one with the 9K, as does the shop owner. Both highly recommend the 9K as a great match to smaller 9mm pistols. Also mentioned that many with Glock 43 are using the 9K...

I was not really looking for my P938, as I didn't think there was a "good" lite-wt solution for the short barrel 9mm.. But when I had the change to fondle and stroke the sealed system Osprey 9k, I was turned around..

Can't wait to take delivery.. :]

PS: I currently have the Omega in 30 cal, w/ adapters for my 5.56 & 6.5,, and a Element II..
I'll have to ask the SOT if they have a vet discount. I too have my DD – 214. I did some more digging around in all I can say is I find more people talking about the 9K. From what I've heard it has put a lot of other reputable full size 9 mm suppressors to shame. This NFA game is getting expensive. I'm not made of money, but it still keeps taking my money habitually :cry: . This will be my third suppressor and I have two SBR's in jail and one on the way. The last one is the 308 SBR. I was happy when I got the lower and upper, but the back locking pin will not close with the upper on the inside. :(
JJinParadise
Silent Operator

Post by JJinParadise »

I'll have to ask the SOT if they have a vet discount. I too have my DD – 214. I did some more digging around in all I can say is I find more people talking about the 9K. From what I've heard it has put a lot of other reputable full size 9 mm suppressors to shame. This NFA game is getting expensive. I'm not made of money, but it still keeps taking my money habitually :cry: . This will be my third suppressor and I have two SBR's in jail and one on the way. The last one is the 308 SBR. I was happy when I got the lower and upper, but the back locking pin will not close with the upper on the inside. :(
B&H store is a restricted LEO & active duty supplier. Silencerco partnered with them to allow vets with good DD-214's to take advantage of the LEO pricing. This store does it twice a year. Called the Blue Label Sale.. viewtopic.php?t=132158
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

JJinParadise wrote:

B&H store is a restricted LEO & active duty supplier. Silencerco partnered with them to allow vets with good DD-214's to take advantage of the LEO pricing. This store does it twice a year. Called the Blue Label Sale.. viewtopic.php?t=132158
Dam im about to take a second dip into the army with the reserves. did active duty now im thinking about the 38B. but i think its to late to get one form them. Also if you don't mind me asking how the price turn out.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
JJinParadise wrote:

Dam im about to take a second dip into the army with the reserves. did active duty now im thinking about the 38B. but i think its to late to get one form them. Also if you don't mind me asking how the price turn out.
SilencerCo opened up the SPEC program to all honorable DD214 holders for the month of May. You may not be out of time yet.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

[/quote]
SilencerCo opened up the SPEC program to all honorable DD214 holders for the month of May. You may not be out of time yet.[/quote]

The form 3 was sent in already and the can is making it way here. so I do not think the dealer would change the price unless he could call up silencerco and make a agreement.

you know what I call SilencerCO and see what they say.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Michael Black 47 wrote:
SilencerCo opened up the SPEC program to all honorable DD214 holders for the month of May. You may not be out of time yet.[/quote]

The form 3 was sent in already and the can is making it way here. so I do not think the dealer would change the price unless he could call up silencerco and make a agreement.

you know what I call SilencerCO and see what they say.[/quote]
I don't know if an order can be moved to the spec program, but worst case is you end up where you currently are at.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Well I left a message for them and hopefully they reply back soon