How far have you driven for a conjugal visit?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Toetagger
Silent Operator

How far have you driven for a conjugal visit?

Post by Toetagger »

Hey folks...I've got Monday and Tuesday off and just wondering if it'd be worth my time to drive an hour and a half to visit my Recce 7? Yes it's my first can. How far have you gone to visit your can while it's in jail and was it worth your time?
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: How far have you driven for a conjugal visit?

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Are you talking about getting to shoot it or just stare at it?
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Toetagger
Silent Operator

Post by Toetagger »

Well I was thinking I could shoot it but the sot is a Pawn shop and not a gun shop/range. So this post is moot. Sorry. Admin can delete
RPM509
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RPM509 »

To shoot? I'd drive an hour or two....maybe. Depends on the can and my excitement level.
Just to fondle? An hour or two once to molest, once to pick up with the stamp.
"a butt tuba" - Palindrome
GUNHEEP

Post by GUNHEEP »

It's not worth it. You could spend your time wisely by doing something else. You'll be getting it soon enough. And you can have all the time in the world with it that you want.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

i've driven an hour once, but that was because the dealer had just gotten it in from the form 3 transfer and i needed to finish up the paper work at his store. I took some ammo along the way. that's the only time. as for waiting, it's better to just focus on something else. if you don't, it will just eat at you.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

I had a girlfriend once that was in San Quentin. I live in Florida, you do the math...lol

I've driven just locally

I had two cans purchased two hours away and I just took the dealers word that they looked REAL good. A Prodigy and an Aviator and I was thoroughly impressed when I picked them up 2 1/2 months later.
Sparrow_27

Post by Sparrow_27 »

About 2 hours one way. But I had other plans in the area also. Plus the dealer is a full gun shop, so it's an excuse to buy more toys!
Silencerco SS Sparrow
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

This is kinda-sorta related story.

I had been to the LGS that was holding my 2 cans waiting on ATF paperwork once to examine them and all was fine.

I was driving by on another matter and thought I would stop in to see if I could meet the owner where he shot sometime. To my surprise the store was closed and cleaned out. This was a small one man operation. After a lot of sleepless nights and sleuthing I found my cans at a silent partner's gunshop about 70 miles away. I had to pay $50.00 each to get this guy to complete my paperwork.

This is another reason why I was hoping the HPA would pass. All the trust in the current system is on the buyer, not the seller.

I have bought cans since but only deal with well established gunstores, no matter how far away they are and don't go for the cheapest transfer fee.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

This is why form 1s are beautiful
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

When WA was an "own but no use allowed" state I would pack up a gun case along with ammo and silencers if I was traveling to a friendlier state. WA to VA was the greatest distance I traveled to shoot suppressed.

Ranb
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273