1/2x28 to 1/2x28 thread adapter?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chevrofreak
Silent But Deadly

1/2x28 to 1/2x28 thread adapter?

Post by chevrofreak »

I threaded the barrel of a 9mm rifle using a TAT to make sure it was concentric to the bore, but, I am now left with the issue of a shoulderless threaded muzzle on which to install a can, due to the small diameter of the barrel. I could piece a couple of existing adapters together, but it would be rather bulky.

I am aware of the Silencerco part that adapts to their Sparrow O-ring design, but it is not able to pass a 9mm bullet. I used one of them on the Ruger MKII pistol that I threaded, and it is a very nice (albeit expensive) adapter. Something similar, minus the O-ring ability, but with the same compact size would be perfect.

Does any such part currently exist?
"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem". (Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle.)
pdsmith505

Re: 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 thread adapter?

Post by pdsmith505 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on pistols the silencer doesn't square off against a shoulder behind the threads. It's my understanding that the muzzle face serves that function.

Depending on what can you are trying to attach, you may not need an adapter at all.
chevrofreak
Silent But Deadly

Post by chevrofreak »

My Lone Wolf Glock 9mm barrel has a square shoulder.

My issue is that there really isn't anything to stop the can from threading on further than it should, except for some partially cut threads where I stopped turning the die. I am just looking for a more positive and repeatable way to mount a can.
"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem". (Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle.)
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

Check www.usmachinegun.com under thread adapters. They make a 1/2-28 to 1/2-28 adapter with .38 bore. Its pricey at $89 but if it does what you want...

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I've had some very poor customer relations with us machinegun and no longer do business with them. Further, there are many places out there that don't usually cost as much either.
I don't care what your chart says
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

John A. wrote:I've had some very poor customer relations with us machinegun and no longer do business with them. Further, there are many places out there that don't usually cost as much either.

I'm curious, if you don't mind telling what the issue was? I only bought from them once, several small items including some adapters. That's how I came across the 1/2"-28 to 1/2-28 thread adapter mentioned above. Some items were backordered and it took a while to get those but they did send me everything I bought. That's the extent of my experience with them.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I have no problems telling you since you asked.

My wife and mother in law went in together to buy me some gun stuff for my Bday.

Was ordered close to 2 weeks prior, and a month later, still nothing to show for it.

So I shoot them an email.

Said it was out of stock when they had ordered and he had "just shipped it".

Another week goes by, I email again asking where it was at.

He had "just mailed it".

Again.

4 days later, nothing, by then I'm beside myself and am done with him.

Told him just to cancel the order.

2 hours later had a tracking number in my email where he really had "just shipped it".

Then I replied to him I wanted it CANCELLED. Not shipped.

Told him I was refusing the package and that my mother in law had already disputed the charge by that time.

package was refused and returned.

I simply have no patience for someone lieing to me and giving me the run-around. Let alone lieing to me twice. I would have been much more understanding and patient with the truth.

I would rather eat a steaming bowl of dog crap than to ever click on his website again. And I had ordered from him a few times prior to that with no problems, but that done me in with him altogether after that.
I don't care what your chart says
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

John A. wrote:I have no problems telling you since you asked.

My wife and mother in law went in together to buy me some gun stuff for my Bday.

Was ordered close to 2 weeks prior, and a month later, still nothing to show for it.

So I shoot them an email.

Said it was out of stock when they had ordered and he had "just shipped it".

Another week goes by, I email again asking where it was at.

He had "just mailed it".

Again.

4 days later, nothing, by then I'm beside myself and am done with him.

Told him just to cancel the order.

2 hours later had a tracking number in my email where he really had "just shipped it".

Then I replied to him I wanted it CANCELLED. Not shipped.

Told him I was refusing the package and that my mother in law had already disputed the charge by that time.

package was refused and returned.

I simply have no patience for someone lieing to me and giving me the run-around. Let alone lieing to me twice. I would have been much more understanding and patient with the truth.

I would rather eat a steaming bowl of dog crap than to ever click on his website again. And I had ordered from him a few times prior to that with no problems, but that done me in with him altogether after that.
I can understand your frustration in that situation. Reason I asked is that I had a couple items on backorder due to being out of stock with them as well. It took a while but they did ship them to me. Thanks for the info.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC