Suppressor questions from new user.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

brycewise

Suppressor questions from new user.

Post by brycewise »

I would like to either build or buy a suppressor in the near future for a 300 black out Pistol/sbr with an 8 inch barrel.

My question is more for the building route... What would be the ideal baffle design for a suppressor with a O.D. between 1.75 and 2 inches and a length of 5 inches or less? I wouldn't expect it to be 130 Db but I want too know if approx. 145-150 Db from supers and 140 or less with subsonics is possible from that short of a can... or if I would be better off going the integral route..

Thanks
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressor questions from new user.

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

The Omega 9k can hit those numbers in 300 blackout and is smaller, very possible if well designed.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

I have to say the Omega 9K is right on the money. You have a lot of veterans here who have a lot of experience in buying, building, and a wide collection. Don't be afraid to ask any more questions if you need to and welcome to the suppressor game :wink:
JFettig
Senior Silent Operator

Post by JFettig »

Omega 9k advertises those numbers, but in real life, I doubt it, Capitol Armory has a video showing over 140DB with Silencerco ammo on an AR and 138 on a bolt gun
https://youtu.be/qLyW73o9bbw?t=3m34s
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

JFettig wrote:Omega 9k advertises those numbers, but in real life, I doubt it, Capitol Armory has a video showing over 140DB with Silencerco ammo on an AR and 138 on a bolt gun
https://youtu.be/qLyW73o9bbw?t=3m34s
Thanks, hadn't seen that.
But considering how close it comes and that it is both over bored to 9mm and only 1.5" diamater, seems goal is reachable.

Omega with flat cap or Rugged razor are worth a look, but longer. A quality builder like Curtis Tactical could probably make one that wide and short.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!