What local shops in Ohio have great can selections?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

tf2addict
Silent Operator

What local shops in Ohio have great can selections?

Post by tf2addict »

Like the title says.
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Re: What local shops in Ohio have great can selections?

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

The only shop I have experience with is Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware just north of Columbus. They usually have a pretty large selection and are average priced. I've bought my 4 cans from them and they have been good to deal with.
BigWonton

Post by BigWonton »

Which part of Ohio?
navarro25osu

Post by navarro25osu »

+1 for Blackwing. I have bought and transferred mine there.

I have been to gun envy in Columbus, which I think does silencer shop transfers, but did not see any inventory on hand.
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

BigWonton wrote:Which part of Ohio?
NE and Central but I'd be willing to drive anywhere. For that matter, western PA too but then I'd have to deal with a form 3 wait, right?

I'll be going to Columbus in a week or so so I'll check Blackwing out, thanks for the tip.
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

Try Arlan's Guns in Kent, OH. Rick there is very knowledgeable and has a machine shop. They can cut and thread barrels for you, I've had him do a couple for me. I've bought various NFA items from him over the last 2-3 years and he has a several suppressor brands in stock.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

I'm from the west side of Cleveland, Lorain county if you want to see anything I have but there aren't many good dealers in this area. I know of a few but none I've been comfortable enough with to order from.

One more I thought about was Vandalia range and armory but they are in the Dayton area. Select Fire training center in Middleburg Heights has cans as well and were decently priced but they did not have much of a selection when I was in last.
GUNHEEP

Post by GUNHEEP »

Todd Karam Cleveland Armory in Valleyview Ohio (216) 264-1121
uaspilot

Post by uaspilot »

I have purchased 2 from Dobransky Firearms in North Canton. They have always been friendly and I believe they have one employ, Michelle maybe, who specializes in ordering, trusts and paperwork. If they don't have it in stock they can order it for you. When I purchased mine it had to be ordered and I expected the price I was going to be quoted to be higher than I found online, which is often the case with local stores. I was surprised when it turned out to be cheaper than places online, including silencershop.
Info can be found online in a quick search. Good luck!
uaspilot

Post by uaspilot »

roodyrocker wrote:Try Arlan's Guns in Kent, OH. Rick there is very knowledgeable and has a machine shop. They can cut and thread barrels for you, I've had him do a couple for me. I've bought various NFA items from him over the last 2-3 years and he has a several suppressor brands in stock.

Rudy
I live in Kent and did not know this! Thanks for the info, I will definitely be checking them out.
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

uaspilot wrote:
roodyrocker wrote:Try Arlan's Guns in Kent, OH. Rick there is very knowledgeable and has a machine shop. They can cut and thread barrels for you, I've had him do a couple for me. I've bought various NFA items from him over the last 2-3 years and he has a several suppressor brands in stock.

Rudy
I live in Kent and did not know this! Thanks for the info, I will definitely be checking them out.

Great to hear that. Rick has helped me quite a bit with this stuff. I try to buy there whenever I can. They also build custom rifles, deal with full auto guns, etc...

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
tf2addict
Silent Operator

Post by tf2addict »

uaspilot wrote:I have purchased 2 from Dobransky Firearms in North Canton. They have always been friendly and I believe they have one employ, Michelle maybe, who specializes in ordering, trusts and paperwork. If they don't have it in stock they can order it for you. When I purchased mine it had to be ordered and I expected the price I was going to be quoted to be higher than I found online, which is often the case with local stores. I was surprised when it turned out to be cheaper than places online, including silencershop.
Info can be found online in a quick search. Good luck!
I chose Dobranskys as my Silencer Shop dealer but I still haven't had time to stop in there yet. I need to do so soon.
BimotaBiker

Post by BimotaBiker »

I've had several good experiences at the Silencer Shack in Burbank, Ohio. You can reach Shawn Cheshire at (216) 346-4242. He usually has around 50 or more in inventory.