Spec war 762 and 300 Norma magnum

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Spec war 762 and 300 Norma magnum

Post by Michael Black 47 »

Was looking at a long-term project to build a magnum rifle. I decide to go for broke and try out the 300 and magnum. Being that I have a spec war, I thought hey I should try and express it. I have gotten some input from guys on sniper hide about the cartridge itself. They call it a super magnum and should consult with the manufacturer "to which I did, waiting for reply" or not try at all because some believe is not made for it.

I was wondering if anyone here has an experience oppressing this type of cartridge and if the spec war 762 is rated for it. On silencer Co. website they have the spec war rated up to 300 Remington ultra magnum. I think this might be close by like to have others input on the matter to make sure not going to have a bang instead of a whisper.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Spec war 762 and 300 Norma magnum

Post by rimshaker »

300 RUM is still the bigger cartridge, so i'm inclined to say the Specwar should be fine with 300 Norma.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

rimshaker wrote:300 RUM is still the bigger cartridge, so i'm inclined to say the Specwar should be fine with 300 Norma.
Thank you for your info. Sometimes if feels like I'm pulling teeth sometimes online.
ohnomrbillk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ohnomrbillk »

When Henry Graham was still with Silencerco, I asked about it for my 300 Norma improved.

He said 300 RUM and 300 Lapua were easily handled, and I'd be more than happy with it.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

The for the update on the can rating. I got a call back from silencerco about the rating as well. Ill take it, so this will add some fun to my party when I want to do long-range fund but quietly.