MAC 10 Suppressor Wipes

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

wmansley

MAC 10 Suppressor Wipes

Post by wmansley »

Does anyone know where I can obtain wipes for a 1973 model MAC 10 Suppressor?
Or info on how to make them. what material, thickness, etc. I know they are 1 1/4" diameter with a .45 cal. hole in the center.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: MAC 10 Suppressor Wipes

Post by Bendersquint »

wmansley wrote:Does anyone know where I can obtain wipes for a 1973 model MAC 10 Suppressor?
Or info on how to make them. what material, thickness, etc. I know they are 1 1/4" diameter with a .45 cal. hole in the center.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lemme look and see what I have for those cans, I know I have a mess of stuff for them in the shop.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Smokecloud

Post by Smokecloud »

Lots of good info over on the Uzitalk site. You can also buy the same material from Mcmaster Carr and other places like granger, etc. that is in tube form, 1 1/4' diameter, with a small hole in the middle already. chuck it in a lathe and use a razor and cut the disks easily. I have also done the sheets of the material and didn't want to play or order the large punches, so I used a holesaw in my drill. the hole is perfectly centered and it works fast. Not as clean as the lathe method though, but the thickness is more consistant.
wmansley

Post by wmansley »

Smokecloud wrote:Lots of good info over on the Uzitalk site. You can also buy the same material from Mcmaster Carr and other places like granger, etc. that is in tube form, 1 1/4' diameter, with a small hole in the middle already. chuck it in a lathe and use a razor and cut the disks easily. I have also done the sheets of the material and didn't want to play or order the large punches, so I used a holesaw in my drill. the hole is perfectly centered and it works fast. Not as clean as the lathe method though, but the thickness is more consistant.
Good info., thanks. Still need to know the thickness needed. guess I can mic. the space between sleeve and end washer & divide by 2. Maybe as long as they will fit in the space I guess thickness doesn't matter. I have punches, lathe, razor knife etc. Trying to determine what the material is and how thick they need to be.
Smokecloud

Post by Smokecloud »

From memory 1 1/4" wide and 1/4" thick when I ordered it by 12"x12" piece. When I ordered, I think it was Neoprene with a durometer of about 50 or 60 (how elastic it is without tearing or chunking out. A lot of guys went with a really small hole in the middle, but I found that it really effected my accuracy for a couple of mags, so I make mine about .40 now if I'm making it from a large piece of material. If you order the tubes, they have a pretty good hole in the center already that works fine. Thickness can be a funny thing, I swear those end caps are made by several companies, and it really depends on if yours will accept a "C" clip in it or now. You can machine a grove for the clip, and of course it depends on how thick your washer is. I ended up putting a couple more down inside the main tube, on top of the spiral baffle stack to keep the muck, burnt/unburnt powder off the threads inside the can. I made those with holes over 1/2" so they wouldn't interfere with bullets that early. I didn't want to upset a bullet before it made it to the end cap.

The old scionics cans are great cans, if you think about it, its almost impossible to get a baffle strike if the can comes a little bit loose and that is a real consideration with those course threads. I used to consider buying a newer more effective can, but sooner or later you will realize that the little clackbox that its attached to, is about the noisiest part of the combo.