Why yes, my Omega has gone MAAD!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

newgunguy3

Why yes, my Omega has gone MAAD!

Post by newgunguy3 »

Just got my Omega out of jail today. Put on the adapter from Tarheel State Firearms and now it can be used on all my rifles with a MAAD mount. Cool. Thanks guys!
themonk
Silent Operator

Re: Why yes, my Omega has gone MAAD!

Post by themonk »

Awesome! What's the weight with the MAAD mount?
newgunguy3

Post by newgunguy3 »

I don't know. I don't have a scale with sufficient precision. Think the Post office would have a fit if I took it in there to weigh on one of their automated machines? :? :shock: :shock:
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Awesome! Any plans to have it coated black to match? If so, I'd love to see it then!
newgunguy3

Post by newgunguy3 »

No, I didn't consider it for two reasons. First, it might mess up the can's threading. The last thing I want to do is 86 the can because of a stupid human error like that. Lifetime warranty notwithstanding, I wouldn't want to test the limits of the "stupid user error" clause. Second, this goes on my long distance rifle and will be living inside an Armageddon Gear suppressor cover for almost all of its life. Not seen . . . . and not heard (much) either. hehe

If I were to add a minor third to the list, when the can does venture out of its cover, IMHO there's a little over the shoulders, "just look at me now, boys" panache to it. :roll: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: Your opinions may vary on that of course.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

That is awesome. I'm still of the opinion that the MAAD system is better than ASR. Despite a few "flying can" stories out there.
newgunguy3

Post by newgunguy3 »

Stopped by the post office today. With the adapter and MAAD mount (and anchor brake), it's right at 16 oz.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

MAAD mount with titanium adapter is 5.1 ounces alone. I've got the same setup waiting on a Hybrid to get set free.

Long term plan is to rebore a 5/8-24 7.62 break for a 458 socom build. I also have a Saker 7.62 and 3 guns that use the MAAD mount, two 5.56 and a 300BO.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Joker31D
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joker31D »

The MAAD mount is the best product they have, I wish they would stop using the 3 hands and a foot the lock down specwar mount. The Saker is awesome because you just twist it a half turn and its locked in. I'm gonna check that out, I was looking at doing the same thing, I want to build a 458 SBR for hog hunting. I had given up on Silencerco and started looking at a few others instead. Thanks for the info.
Visit my Wounded Hunter Project Blog!
https://woundedhunterproject.wordpress.com/

It has a beard and its climbing mountains ... it must be a billy goat! wait, it has a Rifle!