Rebel Silncers

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

clark4283

Rebel Silncers

Post by clark4283 »

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with them? http://rebelsilencers.com/
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Rebel Silncers

Post by Bendersquint »

Pass, bad design on them....especially the rifle can!

ETA - For 99$ it may be worth it, its gotta be better than the YHM Mite.
clark4283

Post by clark4283 »

They didn't look like the best design to me either but I'm no expert by any means. I'm just wondering why they are so cheap. They can't be making much profit.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

clark4283 wrote:They didn't look like the best design to me either but I'm no expert by any means. I'm just wondering why they are so cheap. They can't be making much profit.
They aren't making anything on them, probably losing money really.
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

They have time to test and improve.
They picked their niche price range.

No worse than lots of .22 'home-brews'
over the years.

Always wish young
startups the best luck.
Need more.
Keep pushing!
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

That's funny. They will never get that to work right without a tube and just threading the baffles together. We thread our baffle stacks together on all of our suppressors then sandwich the tube between the end caps, without everything tightened down on a tube the baffles will just work loose and cause baffle strikes. Whats real funny is that I started a patent on threading the baffles together then torqueing the tube between them about 3 years ago. I do have to say the guys seem to be really cool guys and I wish them best of luck.
Joe
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
clark4283

Post by clark4283 »

Don't they use tubeless silencers in Europe?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

clark4283 wrote:Don't they use tubeless silencers in Europe?
Yes, b/c they don't have to serialize the tube to comply w USA NFA'34. And they can tighten the last baffle, which torques all of those coming b/t the first and last sequentially.

The Rebels would need a separate stamp per baffle, unless they got a "Variance" like a few companies have gotten over the past few yrs. Otherwise, each segment is a separate suppressor.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
cpy911
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cpy911 »

It looks like they got the tubeless 5.56 version out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYTn4ho ... e=youtu.be
How in the heck do those not loosen when shooting and heat cycling?
My form1 SS can seems to want to loosen at the end cap.
joe_crash

Post by joe_crash »

I saw the YouTube videos, and they seemed pretty quiet - I sent them an email asking about the baffles unscrewing when they heat up, and they claim it's not a problem. As far as why it's so cheap, their explanation is that making a part like that with a CNC mill and aluminum is actually very cheap, and everyone else is overcharging - they compare it to paying $12 for a McDonald's hamburger. I see a lot of people knocking it, but I haven't seen anyone who has actually shot one giving an opinion. For now, I'll go with the impression I got from the video that it's a pretty darn quiet silencer, and take their word that it doesn't unscrew - why would they have changed their design from a K baffle in a tube to a tubeless design unless it actually worked? They were selling the K baffle/tube design that everyone in the industry seems to use for $99 also.

I'm ordering one, then I'll let you know. I'm sort of irritated though that the price of the silencer is the cheapest part of the process - I'm paying for a gun trust, then a $100 transfer fee to my local Class III dealer, and then $200 for the tax stamp, and the $99 for the silencer is the cheapest part of the deal! Seems kind of backwards, but I think it will be a good deal - I can't even "build" one using a Form 1 and solvent trap parts for less than that!

Like I said, until someone who actually has one puts up a negative review, I'll go with what I've seen and their word on it not unscrewing when shot - their .223 silencer is the same design (tubeless) and the soon to be available 9mm/.45 silencers are going to be the same design. I can't see them going from a tried and true design on the .22 silencer for a design that is inherently poor just for the heck of it - so in about 6 months, when I take possession of it, I'll put up a review and let you know if they are BSing everyone about the unscrewing deal, and cherry picking their decibel readings.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

joe_crash wrote:I saw the YouTube videos, and they seemed pretty quiet - I sent them an email asking about the baffles unscrewing when they heat up, and they claim it's not a problem. As far as why it's so cheap, their explanation is that making a part like that with a CNC mill and aluminum is actually very cheap, and everyone else is overcharging - they compare it to paying $12 for a McDonald's hamburger. I see a lot of people knocking it, but I haven't seen anyone who has actually shot one giving an opinion. For now, I'll go with the impression I got from the video that it's a pretty darn quiet silencer, and take their word that it doesn't unscrew - why would they have changed their design from a K baffle in a tube to a tubeless design unless it actually worked? They were selling the K baffle/tube design that everyone in the industry seems to use for $99 also.

I'm ordering one, then I'll let you know. I'm sort of irritated though that the price of the silencer is the cheapest part of the process - I'm paying for a gun trust, then a $100 transfer fee to my local Class III dealer, and then $200 for the tax stamp, and the $99 for the silencer is the cheapest part of the deal! Seems kind of backwards, but I think it will be a good deal - I can't even "build" one using a Form 1 and solvent trap parts for less than that!

Like I said, until someone who actually has one puts up a negative review, I'll go with what I've seen and their word on it not unscrewing when shot - their .223 silencer is the same design (tubeless) and the soon to be available 9mm/.45 silencers are going to be the same design. I can't see them going from a tried and true design on the .22 silencer for a design that is inherently poor just for the heck of it - so in about 6 months, when I take possession of it, I'll put up a review and let you know if they are BSing everyone about the unscrewing deal, and cherry picking their decibel readings.
Biggest issues I saw with the video was the facts were off, inconsistent testing and I was also kinda surprised they don't even anodize their baffles but paint them.
Zombie1969

Post by Zombie1969 »

When I first saw those first thought was good idea. Great price and simple idea.
HotGuns
Silent But Deadly

Post by HotGuns »

I bought 10 of them on a whim, got them and sold them all in two days.

I have not had a single complaint, in fact every one is very happy with them. This was the first design. Although its not the quietest .22 can out there, for 99 bucks many people went ahead and tried it. The first design with the K baffles is not much different than the original Huntertown Arms design. Like most other cans, it does have a noticeable first round pop but it settles down nicely.

I orderd one of the screw together cans a few days ago when their dealer samples came out by Email.

We'll see how it does. I'm not sure about that tubeless design, I too am curious, which is why I got one instead of the usual dozen or so.