YHM WRAITH QD XL CURTIS TACTICAL UPGRADE

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

YHM WRAITH QD XL CURTIS TACTICAL UPGRADE

Post by curtistactical »

This is our Curtis Tactical YHM Wraith QD XL stainless k baffle upgrade. The upgrade retains the QD feature of the original suppressor. The suppressor is user serviceable and utilizes our shielded baffle core so no gas reaches the tube making disassembly very easy. Email [email protected]
Joe

Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
Zulu95

Re: YHM WRAITH QD XL CURTIS TACTICAL UPGRADE

Post by Zulu95 »

I really got to get me one of those!! Oh wait......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Post by curtistactical »

Zulu95 wrote:I really got to get me one of those!! Oh wait......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02
Zulu95

Post by Zulu95 »

Now that I have tried the can out with supersonic and subsonic rounds I have to say I am really impressed. With the Supersonic rounds you hear the crack of the round traveling downrange. The Subsonic rounds the only sound I was hearing was the noise of the action on the MPX and the bullet hitting the dirt backstop on our range. My wife was standing a little behind me and she said it reminded her of what we hear when some of our neighbors are out having a range day on their property.
Zombie1969

Post by Zombie1969 »

I have a question. The crack you get down range from supersonic rounds. If your target is up close either target defence whatever does it still make that noise? Does the distance make a difference?
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

Zombie1969 wrote:I have a question. The crack you get down range from supersonic rounds. If your target is up close either target defence whatever does it still make that noise? Does the distance make a difference?
The crack is heard wherever the bullet flies. The shooter hears the crack, the target hears the crack, and anyone the bullet passes will hear the crack. Silencers are good at concealing a shooters location even though the crack is loud because the crack comes from several directions.
I've heard stories from coyote hunters that use supersonic ammo through silencers, sometimes a coyote won't know what direction the shot is coming from so they stand still or even sometimes run toward the shooter.
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
Zulu95

Post by Zulu95 »

I would concur with that statement. The difference is amazing. It is so nice to nip out the back without ear defenders and pop off a mag or two when you feel like it. Especially if it is warm out and the muffs get old real quick. Just do not mix up your ammo!
bwp777 wrote:147gr is what ye seek