Hunter town arms guardian 9mm

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Hunter town arms guardian 9mm

Post by Sdustin »

Does anyone have an experience with Hunter town arms9mm guardian. I just bought a 9mm ar15. I'd like to get a can but don't have enough money to spend a grand with stamp. The hunter town arms is cheap. Really cheap. And I think I could swing spending the about 500 bucks it'd cost with stamp. And I like that it's lightweight. It's got a stainless blast baffle and aluminum for the rest.

My real question is how does the thing work on handguns. Mainly a glock 19, reviews I read say it is hearing safe. I don't have any other cans so this would be my first. I know the over whelming advice will be save for a better can but in the time that would take I could have this can back from atf approved.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
speed6
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Hunter town arms guardian 9mm

Post by speed6 »

I do not personally have one of their products, but I have not heard great things about huntertown arms. There are several SOTs that specialize in re-coring their cans, if that tells you anything. My old suppressor dealer also did not have good things to say about their customer service and on-time delivery. They may have changed since then, but I would still be wary of them.

I would stick to:
Silencerco
AAC
Thompson Machine

In that order. There are some other excellent brands, I am sure others can chime in with more suggestions.
dj_fatstyles
Silent But Deadly

Post by dj_fatstyles »

i have one. its okay for what it is but if i could do it again, i would get an octane 9mm. save your money for something a bit better.

bender in 3... 2.. 1.
SWR Spectre
SWR H.E.M.S. 2
Gemtech SOS-45
Silencerco SS Sparrow
Gemtech Outback IID
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

i would personally avoid anything hunter town arms. i don't have one, but just from all the trouble people have had with their product and customer service...yeah that. if you can't spend more than $500, i would really look at the thompson machine isis-2. jmo.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

I'm rethinking my thought process, and I'm really liking the rugged obsidian 45. I think I'll wait till I recoupe from buying my latest ar15 9mm and just bite the bullet and spend the money for the best. At least then I'll have a very versatile can that I can use for many hosts. Thanks everyone.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Thank you very much for the suggestion, and as much as id like to have an intergal 9mm ar15, at this point if I'm going to wait 8 months for the stupid government to allow me to use something I've already paid for I want it to be a versatile can I can use on many guns.

I'm in the process of enrolling in a lathe certificate program at the local trade school in perperation for buying a lathe and mill. I used a lathe and mill in high school all 4 years but I need a refresher. As if I buy these machines I don't want to waste tooling and materiel relearning. And especially wouldn't want to crash a machine and do major damage.

Once I get my machines I'll send off a form 1 and build a either a 556, or a 9mm intergal.
PDNick

Post by PDNick »

I have one for my 5.56. They SUCK, period. They are old school technology and can't compare to the new ones. I might as well not even have one on it is that bad. Bought it on the recommendation of my LGS. Should have spent the extra bucks and gone with one of the better known ones. Shot it alongside several other friends who had other brands on their AR's and the difference was unbelievable. Like I said, it was like I didn't even have one on. Thought about having it re-cored, but then I'll have a grand into a crap suppressor. Will probably designate it to my dedicated .22 AR and call it a day. If you can afford it, go with a proven suppressor, and if you can't just go without the Hunterstown, it's the same thing!
Also, check out the reviews on their customer service. It, like their 5.56 suppressor, is crap.
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

Save up some extra money, plenty of other great choices you would be much more happy with.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

I'm light of recent positive results in politics I am hoping for a passing of the HPA and I will then talk to my machinist that's in the family about just making my own. In fact I'm sure I'll make more than one.
Rowsey63

Post by Rowsey63 »

I just received my Huntertown Arms Guardian 9 and the piston will not fit my barrel. Does anyone know if there are compatible pistons from other companies?