Use SilencerCo 3-Lug Coupler on Griffin Resistance 9?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

rsyring

Use SilencerCo 3-Lug Coupler on Griffin Resistance 9?

Post by rsyring »

So, I'm new to the build your own AR world and have been slowly researching and piecing together my build for about six months now. I'm working on a suppressed 9mm SBR. I decided on the Resistance 9 from Griffin Armament and a 3-lug barrel from TrosUSA. I bought the can and barrel early b/c I understood it was going to be a long time for them to actually get to me. I've now been working on completing the build.

Unfortunately, I've been waiting on a key part for months now. The GA 3-Lug adapter so that can will fit on the 3-lug barrel:

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Revoluti ... revqdk.htm

I emailed GA today to get an ETA on the part and they could only say that more would be made, no ETA.

That's really concerning and frustrating for me. :( I've got about $2500 invested into this build, with close to $1K on just the can and barrel. And I can't connect them.

Due to ATF wait times, my can probably won't arrive for another 3-4 months. So, in one sense, it's not that big of a deal. But, from a different perspective, with the election coming up, who knows what the next six months will bring with gun crazy buyers. I'm thinking even if GA makes more of the couplers, I might not get one fast enough. Then, I've got a $800 paper weight also known as a suppressor.

Anyway, I came across some threads here that said the GA 3-lug coupler would work on SilencerCo Octane cans. The pros & cons of that were debated, but it did seem like it worked.

I'm wondering if the reverse would also be true. Could I buy the SilencerCo 3-lug coupler and use it with the GA Resistance 9?

If so, my plan would be to buy it now and hope the GA coupler comes in later. If it does, I'll buy it instead and resell the SilencerCo coupler. But, if I can't get a GA coupler for some reason, at least I would be able to use what I have already purchased.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Use SilencerCo 3-Lug Coupler on Griffin Resistance 9?

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

The only thing I can suggest is the SilenceroCO 3 lug mount, It's not as sleek as the GA one but it is compatible. I am running a GA 3 lug on my silencerco Octane instead of the SilencerCo 3 lug because of the added length of that mount. Might be easier to find and will get you by until the GA is available.

Here is a past thread talking about putting the GA 3 lug on an Octane :

viewtopic.php?t=132152
kbinmt

Post by kbinmt »

Not that it will be any easier to find, but the rugged obsidian 3-lug mount might be an option. I just used my rugged mount on the same octane you see in the mentioned thread. Worked great.
furiousMG

Post by furiousMG »

I also would suggest the Rugged Obsidian 3 lug mount. Its nearly identical to the GA mount and they are in stock right now at the Silencer Shop.
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Good to know about the Rugged 3 lug, The silencerCo mount is available directly from them last I looked yesterday. Admittedly the shorter mounts are more appealing.
rsyring

Post by rsyring »

Thank you so much for recommending the Rugged mount and pointing out that it was available on SilencerShop.com. I just made my order. Really, I'm soooooooooo relieved to have this figured out.

That completes my build, all I'm waiting on now are the tax stamps!
rsyring

Post by rsyring »

FWIW, Silencer Shop ended up contacting me and saying they couldn't fulfill the order. Apparently, the stock they had on-hand did not match what was shown on the website.

I was, however, able to find the coupler here: http://www.capitolarmory.com/