Form 3 question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

1995nscajeep

Form 3 question

Post by 1995nscajeep »

I am new too NFA items, and being a college student having limited time and funds.
So to the story I purchased a trust and a Specwar 762 for my 21st birthday which was the first week in September at a local class 3 shop in my college town. They said 1-3 months for it to come in and to start the form 4 process which sounded reasonable based on what I read online. Where my concern is that I called last week to check on the status and they said they had not heard anything about my form 3 but they received one that the order was placed a week after mine. My question is this common is it just the ATF taking their sweet time or is it potentially the store or their disturbutors fault for potentially losing track of the item/order?
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Re: Form 3 question

Post by AlabamaPaul »

Since right after 41F went into effect in July, Form 3s are generally taking 30 days.
1995nscajeep

Post by 1995nscajeep »

It's been over 2 months at this point, that is why I am starting to get irratated/concerned.
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Post by AlabamaPaul »

My guess is that you're waiting on a Form 3 from the mfg to the distributor and then one from the distributor to your dealer.
Bmountt

Post by Bmountt »

Congratulations on joining the club. The only advice I can give is to have patience. I recently purchased 2 cans about a month apart and had the second one approved 2 months before the first one. There are average times, then your outliers, especially with the rush earlier this year.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

So you are a poor college student with no money or assets, but you spent money on a trust to protect those assets. Fell for the McTruster scam hook line and sinker.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

David Hineline wrote:So you are a poor college student with no money or assets, but you spent money on a trust to protect those assets. Fell for the McTruster scam hook line and sinker.
I'm a college student who bought a trust. The wildcat trust is only $49 and worth every penny to have multiple responsible parties able to possess my silencers.
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
Joshua@CapitolArmory
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Joshua@CapitolArmory »

It doesn't seem abnormal at all... the order sent isn't necessarily the order received back.
Joshua

[email protected]
Capitol Armory
FFL/SOT
www.CapitolArmory.com