Testing for stability with only the booster attached.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Testing for stability with only the booster attached.

Post by hardcase »

I have a HK 45 ACP with LH 16x1 threads. I like to test all my reloads without the can to check for stability. I would like to check for stability without the can and just the booster. With the HK, I'd like to use blue Loctite to secure the booster to the barrel somewhat more permanently. The can threads to the booster using RH threads. Tightening one possibly will loosens the other.

Advice??
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Re: Testing for stability with only the booster attached.

Post by fishman »

Two strap wrenches
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

When you tighten the silencer body hold onto the booster and not the pistol.

When you tighten the booster assy. hold onto the pistol and not the silencer body.

The only time the right/left hand thread becomes a problem is if you try to tighten the entire package as one unit against the external force of the barrel thread.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

fishman wrote:Two strap wrenches
Does not work well for me. I have had surgery on both thumbs and have to do a lot of stuff differently. That is why I asked my question before I tried it.

I do have a barrel vise ordered to hopefully give me a third hand but the vise is not much help on the range if something shoots loose.