Fair price for a used Omega

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

willyc7777

Fair price for a used Omega

Post by willyc7777 »

I have a co-worker that is selling off a collection of firearms from his dad. He has some NFA items registered to an LLC which he is a part of. I'm looking at purchasing the SiCo Omega that he has currently. Now I know you can get them for roughly $850 new, what would be a safe price be for it assuming it has everything it would new. I am thinking roughly $700 and then the additional $200 for the stamp to transfer it over to me...

Let me know if this would be a fair offer...
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Fair price for a used Omega

Post by mars »

Nm, that was for a 9k. Still, offer $600. See what he says.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
willyc7777

Re: Fair price for a used Omega

Post by willyc7777 »

Looking more into the pricing on Omega's I seem that they are selling for around $700 new so I was thinking maybe $500-$550.

I did get a chance to look at the Omega and the one thing I did notice was that the lock ring that keeps the core in place was loose but from what I've read and seen on YouTube this seems to be a pretty common thing after some use and something that is easliy fixed with red locktite or rockset.

He also has an Osprey 45 that I'm interested in. Looking at maybe offering like $400 for that as they are selling new for around $500-$550...

Will update when I hear more.

Any feedback would also be appreciated.