Need some help with a Vector and picking a new can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jimbo45
Silent Operator

Need some help with a Vector and picking a new can

Post by jimbo45 »

So I'm picking up a new kriss vector today in 45 and I somehow decided I need to also get a new can to use with it. I really like the look of the rugged obsidian and the dead air ghost but I don't see that they have a fixed barrel spacer in 16x1lh. I did see a video where a guy "twangandbang" was shooting one or the other on vector. My thought was you needed the fixed barrel spacer or was he using the piston or maybe had the barrel rethreaded. I already have an aac tirant 45 and thought about the tirant 45m since I already have the fixed barrel spacer for that and other pistons but I like the look of the other two especially the ghost with the wipes. So if anyone could help me out with this I'd appreciate it. Also I'm waiting for a call back from both dead air and rugged. Thanks
AlabamaPaul
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need some help with a Vector and picking a new can

Post by AlabamaPaul »

jimbo45 wrote:So I'm picking up a new kriss vector today in 45 and I somehow decided I need to also get a new can to use with it. I really like the look of the rugged obsidian and the dead air ghost but I don't see that they have a fixed barrel spacer in 16x1lh. I did see a video where a guy "twangandbang" was shooting one or the other on vector. My thought was you needed the fixed barrel spacer or was he using the piston or maybe had the barrel rethreaded. I already have an aac tirant 45 and thought about the tirant 45m since I already have the fixed barrel spacer for that and other pistons but I like the look of the other two especially the ghost with the wipes. So if anyone could help me out with this I'd appreciate it. Also I'm waiting for a call back from both dead air and rugged. Thanks
On the Rugged, you can use SilencerCo FBSs.
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Post by jimbo45 »

AlabamaPaul wrote:
jimbo45 wrote:So I'm picking up a new kriss vector today in 45 and I somehow decided I need to also get a new can to use with it. I really like the look of the rugged obsidian and the dead air ghost but I don't see that they have a fixed barrel spacer in 16x1lh. I did see a video where a guy "twangandbang" was shooting one or the other on vector. My thought was you needed the fixed barrel spacer or was he using the piston or maybe had the barrel rethreaded. I already have an aac tirant 45 and thought about the tirant 45m since I already have the fixed barrel spacer for that and other pistons but I like the look of the other two especially the ghost with the wipes. So if anyone could help me out with this I'd appreciate it. Also I'm waiting for a call back from both dead air and rugged. Thanks
On the Rugged, you can use SilencerCo FBSs.
Thanks for the response just heard back frm dead air as well and I'm going to buy the ghost tomorrow.
JLBourne

Post by JLBourne »

I hope you don't have the same trouble with your .45 Vector as I do with my 9mm Vector SBR (far too many feed failures).
SDN-6, 762-SD, TiRant 9, Element 2, Halo GM, Saker 762, Saker 556, Sparrow, Spectre II, Obsidian
JLBourne.com
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Post by jimbo45 »

JLBourne wrote:I hope you don't have the same trouble with your .45 Vector as I do with my 9mm Vector SBR (far too many feed failures).
None so far shot a couple hundred rounds of wolf, tula, magtech and hst's through mine with a tirant 45. Really couldnt ask for any more it was perfect.
JLBourne

Post by JLBourne »

jimbo45 wrote:
JLBourne wrote:I hope you don't have the same trouble with your .45 Vector as I do with my 9mm Vector SBR (far too many feed failures).
None so far shot a couple hundred rounds of wolf, tula, magtech and hst's through mine with a tirant 45. Really couldnt ask for any more it was perfect.
I hate to revive this post, but I need to revise my assessment of the vector as to not unduly have effect on KRISS via prospective buyers doing searches.

After a year with my Vector SBR, I can now say it's reliable. The problem I was having with it originally was due to shooting flat nose 147 grain subs and running it as a pistol. In the SBR configuration with VFG and with round nose ammunition, it runs flawlessly. If you don't have an SBR or AOW (vertical grip), you will often accidentally actuate the bolt hold open and mag release.

With a year to understand the weapon, I have a new found respect for it and would like to redact what I've said about it in previous comments here. Thanks.
SDN-6, 762-SD, TiRant 9, Element 2, Halo GM, Saker 762, Saker 556, Sparrow, Spectre II, Obsidian
JLBourne.com
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

JLBourne wrote:I hate to revive this post, but I need to revise my assessment of the vector as to not unduly have effect on KRISS via prospective buyers doing searches.
I've been successfully trying to not buy a vector for quite some time now; my money should really stay in my savings account where it belongs. You're not making this easy.
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647