Quietest 9MM host -- P226 or CZ SP-01 Tactical?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

PorkChopsMmm

Quietest 9MM host -- P226 or CZ SP-01 Tactical?

Post by PorkChopsMmm »

I have a Glock 17 and am using it with a Form 1 can. So far so good but I have heard that the P226 is a quieter host. When checking out those pistols my eye was caught by the CZ and it fits better in my hand than the SIG. I'm looking to pick up one of these and my primary concerns are a) it being as quiet as it can and b) it having a great trigger. If I picked up a SIG I was going to try and get one with a SRT trigger. Not sure how the SP-01 stacks up to that.

Any thoughts?
PorkChopsMmm

Re: Quietest 9MM host -- P226 or CZ SP-01 Tactical?

Post by PorkChopsMmm »

SP-01 purchased. I like it! I compared the trigger to a well worn P226 and it has more creep but it is still a nice trigger. I got some time in with it surpressed yesterday and it was nice. Going to go out again later today.
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Killerapplesauce »

Ya i think you will like they SP-1 they are good pistols been wanting one for a while just to many projects. Check out CZ custom shop or Cajun Gun Works for a trigger job or trigger kit.
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

Really like my CZ. It's not threaded though. How about posting a video of yours being shot suppressed? That would get everyone interested.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

mars wrote:Really like my CZ. It's not threaded though. How about posting a video of yours being shot suppressed? That would get everyone interested.
CZ Custom Shop has threaded barrels in stock I'm very temped.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Killerapplesauce wrote:
mars wrote:Really like my CZ. It's not threaded though. How about posting a video of yours being shot suppressed? That would get everyone interested.
I thought they had to be fitted, as opposed to a GLOCK plug-and-play scenario.
Killerapplesauce
Senior Silent Operator

TROOPER wrote:
Killerapplesauce wrote:
I thought they had to be fitted, as opposed to a GLOCK plug-and-play scenario.

Yes i think the CZ 75 and sp-1barrels will most likely need to be fitted they say fitting may be required so. CZ shop will fit them too not sure what the price is.