Silencerco Hybrid on Handgun

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

FormerNavy

Silencerco Hybrid on Handgun

Post by FormerNavy »

Anyone running a Silencerco Hybrid on a handgun? I have one in jail and was thinking of pairing it with a Springfield XDm threaded barrel. But now I'm wondering if even the suppressor sights of that gun will be high enough to get over the top of the Hybrid. I'm also going to use it on a 9mm SBR so it's not like it's a total loss, but I am second guessing my thoughts of using it on a handgun now....

Anyone have one they're running on a handgun?
kennyfsu

Re: Silencerco Hybrid on Handgun

Post by kennyfsu »

I'm running my hybrid on a 1911, USP, 226, and Glock. None of the stock sights are high enough so you will need to change them.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

kennyfsu wrote:I'm running my hybrid on a 1911, USP, 226, and Glock. None of the stock sights are high enough so you will need to change them.

Sorry I probably wasn't clear enough - the XDm with threaded barrel I am speaking of is the suppressor ready version so it already has suppressor height sights. But I am wondering if even they will clear it.
Deserteaglexxx

Post by Deserteaglexxx »

They won't clear, the hybrid is a little to big. Sounds good on it.
postban

Post by postban »

FormerNavy wrote:...

I have suppressor ht sights on my G40MOS 10mm, you can still line em up through the RMR06. The Hybrid all but blocks them. Throw a dot on that XDM.
The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money
ChinStrap40

Post by ChinStrap40 »

postban wrote:
FormerNavy wrote:...

I have suppressor ht sights on my G40MOS 10mm, you can still line em up through the RMR06. The Hybrid all but blocks them. Throw a dot on that XDM.
postban,

What brand of sights are those suppressor sights? Im going to be running a similar set up. I wanted to get Trijicons, but couldn't figure out from the internet if their dots would clear the RMRs mounted on a glock MOS.

Steve
postban

Post by postban »

ChinStrap40 wrote:...

postban,

What brand of sights are those suppressor sights? Im going to be running a similar set up. I wanted to get Trijicons, but couldn't figure out from the internet if their dots would clear the RMRs mounted on a glock MOS.

Steve
https://www.amazon.com/Ameriglo-Tall-Su ... B004SY5AHC

Better pic, dot off;
The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Does the weight of the Hybrid on a pistol bother you guys? I have an Osprey and Octane so I'm used to the lighter weight. A friend is contemplating getting the Hybrid as a do-it-all can.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K