Form 4 Trust wait time.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Dave800

Re: Form 4 Trust wait time.

Post by Dave800 »

chack cashed 7-14, stamp received 5-31
10.5 months
Holescreek

Post by Holescreek »

Funny story?

I got a "happy anniversary " email from silencer shop on June 26 for a Rugged Surge 7.62 I hadn't received yet. So I called their Premier Dealer in West Chester OH Again to inquire about it. I had called on May 25th and was told they hadn't received paperwork yet. The guy that answered the phone was clueless and said I needed to call back in 4 days.

In the meantime I called BATFE and discovered the paperwork was approved and mailed in March. I called back to the dealer and got the equivalent of shrugging shoulders ao I called Silencer Shop to see if they could light a fire under their dealer. Several days later I got a call saying I could pick up the suppressor. The guy on the phone said they called in March and left a message one time. When asked about my May call I got the shrugging shoulders again.
ryanr256

Post by ryanr256 »

Holescreek wrote:Funny story?

I got a "happy anniversary " email from silencer shop on June 26 for a Rugged Surge 7.62 I hadn't received yet. So I called their Premier Dealer in West Chester OH Again to inquire about it. I had called on May 25th and was told they hadn't received paperwork yet. The guy that answered the phone was clueless and said I needed to call back in 4 days.

In the meantime I called BATFE and discovered the paperwork was approved and mailed in March. I called back to the dealer and got the equivalent of shrugging shoulders ao I called Silencer Shop to see if they could light a fire under their dealer. Several days later I got a call saying I could pick up the suppressor. The guy on the phone said they called in March and left a message one time. When asked about my May call I got the shrugging shoulders again.
Who was the dealer? I'm north of Cincinnati and want to know who to avoid.

-Bob
Holescreek

Post by Holescreek »

West Chester Firearms.
5th_Amendment

Post by 5th_Amendment »

Bought 3 suppressors pre 41F; 1 last week of May, 1 mid Jun and 1 very late Jun 16. They came back starting mid May 17, evenly spaced out. SBR came back too, filed w paper form the day of the deadline. Happy times are here at last!
Exercising my right to remain silent.

New Hampshire: "Live free, or die."
roodyrocker
Silent Operator

Post by roodyrocker »

Just got my tax stamp yesterday for a Rugged Obsidian .45 which was originally sent in 8/2/16. Its my first tax stamp to arrive post 41F, literally 2 weeks short of a year! I still have other items in NFA jail. So far Im not seeing any improvement in the wait times. Figured I'd post in case it helps others wondering about the wait times.

Rudy
Rudy
1791 Firearms, LLC
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thecameraman79 »

It's going to be a while before it gets back down to under 6 months I'd assume. For all the trust people that hate the changes were individuals that didn't want to do the trust route and couldn't get the LEO to sign off on their F1/4 that submitted forms post 41F.
roodyrocker wrote:Just got my tax stamp yesterday for a Rugged Obsidian .45 which was originally sent in 8/2/16. Its my first tax stamp to arrive post 41F, literally 2 weeks short of a year! I still have other items in NFA jail. So far Im not seeing any improvement in the wait times. Figured I'd post in case it helps others wondering about the wait times.

Rudy
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

John A. wrote:That would be lovely.

But I wouldn't start holding my breath yet Jeff.

I know a lot of guys going 320 and 330 days.
I'm on that list now... 11 months and holding.

Every time I look at the NFA Tracker chart, it gets longer by 3 days.
ryanr256

Post by ryanr256 »

Holescreek wrote:West Chester Firearms.

Interesting. They did the transfer of the AAC 556-SD in March. I didn't have any issues though.

-Bob
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

friend of mine form 4 is going on 13 months now... seems excessive.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Got my F1 today!!!

They received it July 27, 2016.

They signed the approval July 21, 2017.

Then waited until Aug. 3 to mail it according to the postmark on the envelope.

Just wow.
I don't care what your chart says
Flafastball

Post by Flafastball »

Tell me if I'm wrong?? I've got 2 Suppressors and I can wait for my 3rd that has been on order for 3 weeks. I've got a friend with a fairly large gun store that last July sold 400-600 Suppressors for the month. From the end of July to the end of November he sold 2. Many of the Suppressors companies are offering all sorts of discounts. He has sold very few from end of July 2016 to now.I talked to him last week and he had a safe that was full of Suppressors 400-600 from July 2016, now he is down to only a few. If his sales and backlog are representative of the rest of the country he figures 3 months or less. I'm good with what I own and prepared for a year wait. Anyone have the same views or thoughts?
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

Flafastball wrote:Tell me if I'm wrong?? I've got 2 Suppressors and I can wait for my 3rd that has been on order for 3 weeks. I've got a friend with a fairly large gun store that last July sold 400-600 Suppressors for the month. From the end of July to the end of November he sold 2. Many of the Suppressors companies are offering all sorts of discounts. He has sold very few from end of July 2016 to now.I talked to him last week and he had a safe that was full of Suppressors 400-600 from July 2016, now he is down to only a few. If his sales and backlog are representative of the rest of the country he figures 3 months or less. I'm good with what I own and prepared for a year wait. Anyone have the same views or thoughts?
I'm cautiously optimistic about the wait time dropping quickly soon
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

The next few years would be nerve racking to be a suppressor manufacturer. Sales will be most likely feast or famine depending on the HPA. People waiting to see if it passes, and if it does then a backlog of orders.
starlingstalker
Silent But Deadly

Post by starlingstalker »

My app was sent off July 7,2016 and approved Monday July 3, 2017 with notice to pick up my AAC QD 338 Big Bertha can on Monday July 17, 2017.
But new discovery of the Devil in the Details :mrgreen: and had a cry :cry: and went home without.......
The app was resubmitted for a silly typo correction, obviously logged in but reviewed, rejected and re-mailed PDQ. Picked up my precious baby on Monday August 7, 2017.
Christmas in August!!! :D :D :D :D
Hope those dates help to prop up ur Spirits.... good Luck! :roll:
starlingstalker
Ban weapons, not firearms!
It may ONLY be a dollar but its STILL a Sux Tax!
Pssst, so let's change this infringing UNConstitutional Law!