Does a SilencerCo Hybrid for $400.59 with a $200 SilencerCo store credit sound legit?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

BimotaBiker

Does a SilencerCo Hybrid for $400.59 with a $200 SilencerCo store credit sound legit?

Post by BimotaBiker »

Impact Guns is offering a a SilencerCo Hybrid for $400.59 with a $200 SilencerCo store credit. Does this deal sound legitimate?

https://www.slickguns.com/product/silen ... it-silence
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does a SilencerCo Hybrid for $400.59 with a $200 SilencerCo store credit sound legit?

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Sounds amazing, but what is the catch?
My hybrid with LE pricing was twice that.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
BimotaBiker

Re: Does a SilencerCo Hybrid for $400.59 with a $200 SilencerCo store credit sound legit?

Post by BimotaBiker »

I know it seems to good to be true but I had to pull the trigger on it. I'm paid in full as of yesterday. Guess we'll just have to sit back and see how this plays out.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Send you proof of purchase showing serial number abd purchase date to silencerco to get your 200 buck store credit right away. Will at least prove it's a real can not already registered to someone else.

Maybe legit, I don't know those guys reputation, but I'd expect any unused, not demo can to sell for more.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
rb288

Post by rb288 »

NO.

They gave cancelled the deal.
If you read the reviews on the ad you will find that a BIG mistake was made and they are not happy about it.
Specwar 762
Specwar 556
2 Hybrids
Omega
Obsidian 45

18" Keltec RFB
8.25" 300blk sbr
10.5" 5.56 sbr
10.5" 6.5 g sbr
bolt actions in 223, 556, 6.5 c, 300blk, 308, 8x57, 450bm
vaeevictiss
Silent But Deadly

Post by vaeevictiss »

That's pretty lame they wouldn't honor it. They are a decent sized company. I'm sure they could have bit any loss to look like a stellar company. I have an 07/02 friend that owns a gun shop selling suppressors. We went to SHOT one year and it blew my mind when he started showing me the dealer pricing on suppressors. I don't want to disclose anything specific but the cost of that can is probably not far off from what they paid for them.

They probably just lost a ton of business over this for a relatively small savings.
Chuckdaduck54

Post by Chuckdaduck54 »

CanOfWhooppass wrote:Send you proof of purchase showing serial number abd purchase date to silencerco to get your 200 buck store credit right away. Will at least prove it's a real can not already registered to someone else.

Maybe legit, I don't know those guys reputation, but I'd expect any unused, not demo can to sell for more.

You mention “proof of purchase” I have a receipt and a printed page from the store I purchased a can from. But neither have the serial of the can in the documents.
Right now there is a buy one get one free with them if you register it but... you need proof of purchase. Do you know if they will accept just a typed letter from the store with the required I go?