Ruger Silent-SR ISB for 10/22TD

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Historian
Silent But Deadly

Ruger Silent-SR ISB for 10/22TD

Post by Historian »

At our sister site NFA_Talk there is an interesting discussion on
most assuredly shall be my next purchase when HPA passes - the
Ruger Silent-SR ISB for 10/22TD. The volume of this integral
Barrel/Can and Ruger's 'Riemann Surface' baffles seems,
by a 'back-of-the-envelop' calculation on
the HP48SX, to result in an anticipated better reading than just putting a can on
the venerable H&R M65 'rat-rifle' ... and a much lighter overall weight.

The strides that Ruger is making in anticipation of HPA's passage ..,
Praise DJT ... will alone cause a jump in the economy. :)

Brave new world.

Any consensus on what should be considered as next-gen leader
cans to purchase in .22, 9mm on Hi Power, and .45 on 1911A1.

Weight not really a factor.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger Silent-SR ISB for 10/22TD

Post by fishman »

Historian wrote:The strides that Ruger is making in anticipation of HPA's passage
What does this product have to do with hpa? It seems they could, and likely will, be selling this if hpa doesn't pass. Cool product though.
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

HPA has come up in NFATalk discussions of this barrel combo as well. My take on that is that the 6 to 10 month wait time for the stamp is off-putting to the majority of potential buyers. Without the requirement for a stamp it's more a matter of walking into a gun store, looking one over, then buying the dang thing and taking it home. Which would be really cool. Seems that from a sales perspective, HPA is a serious game changer.
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

a_canadian wrote:HPA has come up in NFATalk discussions of this barrel combo as well. My take on that is that the 6 to 10 month wait time for the stamp is off-putting to the majority of potential buyers. Without the requirement for a stamp it's more a matter of walking into a gun store, looking one over, then buying the dang thing and taking it home. Which would be really cool. Seems that from a sales perspective, HPA is a serious game changer.

Spot On!

In 1958 ordering a set of Randall Knives entailed a 3 month wait ... now
it is over 5 years. Any red blooded American male wants instant gratification! :)

Any adding insult to injury having to pay any more $200.00s for stamps and suffer
for each a 9 month wait when HPA is around the corner is a non starter.

Somewhat like the lyrics of 1960's song "If you cannot buy the one you love,
love the ones your with". :)

Praised be DJT!!
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

Historian wrote:At our sister site NFA_Talk there is an interesting discussion on
the HP48SX, to result in an anticipated better reading than just putting a can on

Brave new world.

Since your posting date you could have done the paperwork and had your Ruger ISB by now... did you go that route?
I dont't think the HPA is going anywhere. We couldn't overturn Obamacare, there is still no 50 state carry reciprocity and HPA was supposed to be in the first 100-200 days. The power of this administration is gone and fighting for survival. Maxine Waters is going to be the next president....
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

gsyoung54 wrote:
Historian wrote:At our sister site NFA_Talk there is an interesting discussion on

Brave new world.

Since your posting date you could have done the paperwork and had your Ruger ISB by now... did you go that route?
I dont't think the HPA is going anywhere. We couldn't overturn Obamacare, there is still no 50 state carry reciprocity and HPA was supposed to be in the first 100-200 days. The power of this administration is gone and fighting for survival. Maxine Waters is going to be the next president....
.22 can... Dead Air Mask, Rugged Oculus or Ruger SR... I would list the Q suppressors but I don't have mine yet..
.9mm and .45 can, save some money and get the AAC TirantM .45 with pistons for .45 and 1/2x28 and the M13.5x1LH for Sig factory threads. The Tirant .45M is a bit quieter on your 9mm over a smaller 9mm dedicated can unless you want a smaller can then the AAC Tirant 9M is hard to beat. The Rugged Obsidian in .45 will also do the job on .45 and 9mm, it's a bit more expensive but built like a rank... I have all of them and regret none of them.