SilencerCo Omega 30

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

thirdcoaststroker

SilencerCo Omega 30

Post by thirdcoaststroker »

Hi all! i am new to the forum and i am in the market for a suppresor. I am eyeballing the Silencerco Omega 30. I wanted to know if this is able to be shot on my Ar15 in 556 as well? I will mainly be using it on my 7mm-08 deer rifle, 6.5cm Ruger Precision, and i would like to be able to use it on my 556 ar as well. Any recomendations to a new to suppressor person would be welcome with open arms as well.

thanks
BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Re: SilencerCo Omega 30

Post by BlogSarge »

I use my Omega on my 5.56 10.5" SBR as well as my 16" 5.56 AR.

It works fine on each and is rated to do so.

You'll be in good shape with an Omega.
thirdcoaststroker

Post by thirdcoaststroker »

Do you recommend getting it with the ASR system to thead to the flash hider? I was thinking i will just thread it on and off when i move it from gun to gun.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I ended up buying a SECOND Omega 30...

One, I leave with the Direct Thread mount on it (for 300BLK/308), and the other has the ASR mount on it, for 3 other guns... an AR-10 308, and two AR-15 5.56s.

I found swapping between the direct thread and the ASR was challenging, but gun to gun with the same mount was easier.

My 300BLK ALWAYS wears the silencer, and that same mount goes to my bolt-action. The rest of my rifles all have muzzle breaks on them, that I shoot suppressed and un-suppressed.

Jeff