22 Suppressor for rifle & pistol

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

MMH
Senior Silent Operator

22 Suppressor for rifle & pistol

Post by MMH »

I want to purchase a suppressor that would be used on both rifle and pistol. I would plan on shooting subsonic ammo and be after maximum sound suppression. Would want to keep it a long time so I am thinking about a non-aluminum monocore for serviceability. What would be some good choices for a quiet, serviceable suppressor that is not too big to be used on a pistol?
kedminster

Re: 22 Suppressor for rifle & pistol

Post by kedminster »

We offer all-titanium rimfire silencers that are light, strong, accurate and easy/safe to clean. I would absolutely avoid aluminum for a rimfire can as cleaning it (inevitable with rimfire) will be difficult at best. Titanium and SS are your best bets although SS tends to be heavier. The NYX silencer is a 7x k-baffle design (3.6oz), the NYX Mod2 is a modular 4x4 k-baffle reconfigurable design (2.45/4.15 oz.). Both are direct thread 1/2-28RH mounts. MSRP is <$400 We have a bunch of pics/videos and 3rd party reviews on IG. See my signature below.

There are some other great options if the NYX is not your thing. I have shot a bunch of rimfire silencers and there are some great ones out there including:

CGS Hydra-SS
KGMade Swarm
Dead Air Mask
Mack Bros. Vapor

Good luck and happy shooting no matter what you pick!
---
Karl Edminster
Energetic Armament, LLC
https://energeticarms.com
IG: @energeticarmament
FB: https://www.facebook.com/energeticarmament/
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb68Zr-ju6h3rhw-eP7SVvA
mars
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mars »

my next rimfire is gonna be the Mask by Deadair.
the POWPOW now goes powpow
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

Not the lightest out there (nor the heaviest) at 5.9 ounces, but if you ever intend to use it on more powerful stuff like 5.7x28mm or .22 Hornet, the TBAC take-down .22 is awesome. One of the quietest I've used, and does a really decent job on .22 Hornet as well.

That said, if you want light, aluminum is where it's at. There are several out there ~ 3oz, and I've got my own prototypes down to 2.4 ounces, still very quiet (I don't have dB ratings, but as good as the next 5" long can from the ears that have heard them). There's not a thing wrong with using aluminum in cans, as long as you understand the limitations, of which there are really none with .22 LR. I won't go into detail for IP reasons, but they don't even need metallic housings for .22 LR. There's just not a lot of heat & pressure there.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
Sparrow_27

Post by Sparrow_27 »

My Silencerco Sparrow has never let me down. I use it on both rifle and pistol hosts and it is great. It is all stainless so it is easy to use any method you like to clean it.
Silencerco SS Sparrow