Just got my Form 4's approved, sharing some info

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

road_clam

Just got my Form 4's approved, sharing some info

Post by road_clam »

Wow, what an AWESOME surprise ! Got 2 phone calls within the past week that my form 4 stamps got approved! I bought and initiated my form 4's around 6/25/17 and just got the phone calls from my FFL's about a week ago. That's about 5-1/2 months, I was original hearing 8-9 months (back in 6/17). What I was told by my FFL whom sells a lot of cans is the NCIS entities that approve form 4's have gone through a major revamp and funds were allocated for electronic data processing upgrades and expediting the form 4 process.

Anyways, I went with the Sig SRD762TI direct mount for .30 cal rifle, and the Revolution 45 for my FNX45T. Did a lot of pre purchase research and seems these were the best choices for what my intent was (specifically handloading subs)

Another odd an interesting comment is I purchased my cans 2 different ways with respect to submitting the $200 tax stamp fee. With the Sig can, I bought it directly from Sig and sent a check from me personally along with my app. With the Rev45 can, I purchased through my LGS and payed them an extra $200 and they sent a check on my behalf along with my app. For some strange reason the gov never cashed my personal check for the Sig can. I was getting very nervous something was wrong with my app and the app was delayed. People told me checks are cashed after about a month after mailing the app. Not sure what's going on with my check. Anyone else experience this situation ?
jbillo42

Re: Just got my Form 4's approved, sharing some info

Post by jbillo42 »

Maybe they lost it, if they did then I say Congrats!!!
thecameraman79
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Just got my Form 4's approved, sharing some info

Post by thecameraman79 »

Individual forms have been taking the <6 months and trusts right about 12 months so I'm guessing yours were both individual submissions which is been the normal wait time.
road_clam wrote:Wow, what an AWESOME surprise ! Got 2 phone calls within the past week that my form 4 stamps got approved! I bought and initiated my form 4's around 6/25/17 and just got the phone calls from my FFL's about a week ago. That's about 5-1/2 months, I was original hearing 8-9 months (back in 6/17). What I was told by my FFL whom sells a lot of cans is the NCIS entities that approve form 4's have gone through a major revamp and funds were allocated for electronic data processing upgrades and expediting the form 4 process.

Anyways, I went with the Sig SRD762TI direct mount for .30 cal rifle, and the Revolution 45 for my FNX45T. Did a lot of pre purchase research and seems these were the best choices for what my intent was (specifically handloading subs)

Another odd an interesting comment is I purchased my cans 2 different ways with respect to submitting the $200 tax stamp fee. With the Sig can, I bought it directly from Sig and sent a check from me personally along with my app. With the Rev45 can, I purchased through my LGS and payed them an extra $200 and they sent a check on my behalf along with my app. For some strange reason the gov never cashed my personal check for the Sig can. I was getting very nervous something was wrong with my app and the app was delayed. People told me checks are cashed after about a month after mailing the app. Not sure what's going on with my check. Anyone else experience this situation ?