Ballistic Research and Machine

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Ballistic Research and Machine

Post by jlwilliams »

Has anybody here heard of Ballistic Research and Machine? They are a local silencer manufacturer (Jacksonville NC). I saw one of their cans at the LGS and the store owner speaks highly of them. The local shop subs out machining jobs to them and they will make a custom baffle stack or an integral barrel/silencer if a customer wants something that isn't an "off the shelf" item. A quick Google search didn't turn much up. Their site isn't great. I'm wondering if anybody here has one of their cans or has heard one.

There are so many companies making stuff these days it's hard to keep up with who's who. I'm sure that if I keep my eyes and ears open I will find an opportunity to check their stuff out in person which will answer more than I will learn online but I'm hoping to find out what I can before I pursue real contact.
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ballistic Research and Machine

Post by ECCO Machine »

jlwilliams wrote:I'm sure that if I keep my eyes and ears open I will find an opportunity to check their stuff out in person which will answer more than I will learn online but I'm hoping to find out what I can before I pursue real contact.
With small outfits that don't have the capacity for large scale production and national sales, that's probably your best bet. Go check them out, find out how they're building, materials they use, heat treatment methods, support after sales, etc.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
curtistactical
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ballistic Research and Machine

Post by curtistactical »

ECCO Machine wrote:
jlwilliams wrote:I'm sure that if I keep my eyes and ears open I will find an opportunity to check their stuff out in person which will answer more than I will learn online but I'm hoping to find out what I can before I pursue real contact.
With small outfits that don't have the capacity for large scale production and national sales, that's probably your best bet. Go check them out, find out how they're building, materials they use, heat treatment methods, support after sales, etc.
I second this, they shouldn't have a problem showing you the shop and talking with you. We do pretty much the same thing as you describe above and welcome anyone who would like to stop in to see the shop and our suppressors and rifles.
Joseph Jones
Curtis Tactical
07/02