Griffin VS YHM mounting, first can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Ez556

Griffin VS YHM mounting, first can

Post by Ez556 »

Hi, first post about looking for my first suppressor. I was sold on the Griffin Recce 7 Mod 4, but then I heard about the YHM Resonator announced at Shot. It’s lighter and cheaper for about the same size and sound reduction, so I’m thinking that’s what I’m gonna go with, but I wanted to hear about mounting systems from those here on the forum. I’ve heard Griffins Taper Mount system is one of the best in the industry for RTZ and consistency in general. I’ve heard some negative things about the YHM QD system, but it seems like the basics to a good mount are all there. It’s a threaded mount that tightens down onto a taper. The only difference is the YHM has a clicky spring for safety. The YHM taper surface is a little smaller and the threads are a bit coarser, but would the Griffin mounting system be better enough to justify spending around $200 more? Budget is a huge deal for me. Main host will be a 300BO pistol for home defense.