G19 w/ SilencerCo Hybrid

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Schnboo

G19 w/ SilencerCo Hybrid

Post by Schnboo »

I'm new to the site and new to Glock. I purchased a G19 Gen 3 with an L2D Catalyst slide, S3F stainless barrel and an Agency Arms trigger. I have the SilencerCo Hybrid and tried to run it on the Glock. It ran as usual without the can but with the can it doesn't cycle. It will fire the round in the chamber but won't cycle the slide more than a half an inch. So I have to manually rack the slide for every shot. Some ammo I can get a few rounds but it's not consistent. I've run Sellier & Bellot 140 gr, Remington 115 gr, Federal 115 gr brass and alum. Any suggestions? Lighter recoil spring?
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Re: G19 w/ SilencerCo Hybrid

Post by ECCO Machine »

Are you trying to run it with a direct thread mount?

The Hybrid comes with a recoil booster, which must be used with any locked breech pistol. Trying to use the direct thread mount not only causes your gun to be a single shot, but is VERY hard on the firearm with an 18 ounce can. I even use the recoil booster on some fixed barrel guns, as the weight of a can has pulled pressed and pinned barrels forward.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
myrdraal0
Silent But Deadly

Re: G19 w/ SilencerCo Hybrid

Post by myrdraal0 »

Sounds like you are trying to use it without the booster. If that is not the case, sometimes barrels need to be broken in. I have an S3F barrel for my G43 that I had to shoot probably 100 rounds through before it would cycle reliably, but that was even without a suppressor.
Distributor of AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SilencerCo, Spike's, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thunder Beast, YHM
www.SilencerShop.com
512-931-4556