Back to the forum, so kinda new

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Wile_E_Coyote

Back to the forum, so kinda new

Post by Wile_E_Coyote »

Nice being back and reading again. Always wanted a suppressor and this site helped me with more info on them. Had joined a while back, but then work and life got in the way so I had to rejoin...

Great info here. This time is a little different for me. I went to my dealer/LGS, ordered and paid for my first suppressor. Paperwork is getting submitted this week. The wait will probably drive me nuts. I decided to go with a Saker 762. Mounting system and flexibility prompted my decision. Will use it on a 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor and 6mm Creedmoor initially. Maybe on my .223/5.56 as well. From all I've read, seems like a good choice and fit.
BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Re: Back to the forum, so kinda new

Post by BlogSarge »

Nice choce wile. I have an Omega (same ASR mount) as well as an AAC SDN-6. I like the ASR mount like on your Saker better. Both are good, but the ASR seems to be tighter and more stable.

It should serve you well, once you finally get it!
Wile_E_Coyote

Re: Back to the forum, so kinda new

Post by Wile_E_Coyote »

BlogSarge wrote:Nice choce wile. I have an Omega (same ASR mount) as well as an AAC SDN-6. I like the ASR mount like on your Saker better. Both are good, but the ASR seems to be tighter and more stable.

It should serve you well, once you finally get it!
Thank you. I'm pretty happy with my choice. I went for flexibility. Seems like the Saker has that covered. Doing my research these are like anything else and everyone has their favorites. Even some of the rifles this will be used with haven't gone with popular consensus, but I've been pretty happy with all my choices there. Hopefully I will get lucky and that will be the case with the Saker too.

I agree regarding the wait. I'll probably be chomping at the bit the whole time. Past jobs had investigations, so I'm kind of used to it. Bummer that it takes a while, but all I can do is sit back and wait.