Waiting on my first can, but already thinking about my second.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Wile_E_Coyote

Waiting on my first can, but already thinking about my second.

Post by Wile_E_Coyote »

My first is a Saker ASR 762. Any I buy will be used on my 6.5 Creedmoor and 6mm Creedmoor, but will see some time on my 6.5 Grendel and my .223/5.56 carbine. The 6.xx's are more precision setups, but I like the idea of QD. The 6.xx are what I shoot most. I'll use the 458 SOCOM I almost have ready to assemble as the reason for a third can. :D

The second I'm thinking about buying in about a month or so is the Dead Air Sandman S. Either way, I can then standardize on the mount since both can use an ASR or Key-Mo.

I like the looks of operation of the Key-Mo a bit more since there's no lock to turn after mounting and tightening.

I'm wondering if either have an easier time unlocking during use? Does the ratcheting like the Key-Mo get soft and less positive over time? Hopefully my time goes by quick I'll have my Saker to check out and use.

Thanks in advance for any info and/or experiences the care to share.
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Re: Waiting on my first can, but already thinking about my second.

Post by gsyoung54 »

Wile_E_Coyote wrote:My first is a Saker ASR 762. Any I buy will be used on my 6.5 Creedmoor and 6mm Creedmoor, but will see some time on my 6.5 Grendel and my .223/5.56 carbine. The 6.xx's are more precision setups, but I like the idea of QD. The 6.xx are what I shoot most. I'll use the 458 SOCOM I almost have ready to assemble as the reason for a third can. :D

The second I'm thinking about buying in about a month or so is the Dead Air Sandman S. Either way, I can then standardize on the mount since both can use an ASR or Key-Mo.

I like the looks of operation of the Key-Mo a bit more since there's no lock to turn after mounting and tightening.

I'm wondering if either have an easier time unlocking during use? Does the ratcheting like the Key-Mo get soft and less positive over time? Hopefully my time goes by quick I'll have my Saker to check out and use.

Thanks in advance for any info and/or experiences the care to share.
I would buy the Sandman L instead. Almost two inches longer it will be quieter on everything, unless you are a real entry team or Marine Force Recon kind of guy. I've bought shorter suppressors before because I thought it would be handier for maneuverability but realized that I'm just a retired fireman/medic and I probably won't be doing any 0 Dark Thirty kind of stuff. Maybe just popping Zombies in the head with my suppressed .338 Lapua from a long ways away....
George from Alaska