300 BLK suppressor cleaning?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

daivst

300 BLK suppressor cleaning?

Post by daivst »

Hello.
I recently received my Sig SRD 762 suppressor for a 300 BLK SBR and for fun purposes have been solely using subsonic 300 BLK rounds. I read somewhere that subsonic 300 rounds run dirty (and it does, the cleaning afterwards was intense) and would require some sort of cleaning of the suppressor.

Any tips on what to do to clean it? Should I just run some supersonic 300 BLK rounds through?
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 BLK suppressor cleaning?

Post by mbogo »

What does SiG recommend?

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
cdakers

Post by cdakers »

Most people find that a can that's a little dirty is quieter than a squeaky clean can. Get an accurate weight of the can brand new, then you can weigh it periodically throughout its life to see how dirty it really is.

I started out being anal about taking mine apart and cleaning it often. Now I spend that time shooting more, and just run a few supers through it while its still hot. I use one of those new endoscopes that you plug into your computer to look inside to judge how much buildup there is, and go from there. Now I take them apart and clean about once a year in the spring. My contribution to the spring cleaning bit.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Run a hundred full power rounds through it .
Putting the laughter in manslaughter