Mitigating/eliminating blowback w/5.56mm can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Mitigating/eliminating blowback w/5.56mm can

Post by mbogo »

Oh, it certainly would help to get lefty uppers for suppressed 5.56, but it seems the gas block addressed the issue.

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

mbogo wrote:Oh, it certainly would help to get lefty uppers for suppressed 5.56, but it seems the gas block addressed the issue.

mbogo
That's great! I like to put Odinworks many click position gas blocks on Blackouts and some 5.56 sbr's, it seems to help with a lot of issues rather than messing with recoil springs or buffers all the time...

I even have a SlideFire stock on a registered Multi lower SBR and the Odinworks adjustable gas block lets me fine tune for shooting subs with a suppressor or supers without and anything in between. Different suppressors and different ammo can cause a lot of confusion but I just trial and error different combos and stick with what seems to work best. Curiously, I get the best performance in 300 Blackout with or without the SlideFire and with or without a suppressor from the cheapest Remington UMC ammo there is... and S&B case lot 200 grain subs...!

George
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

I use an Elite Iron Bravo 1 on my 300 Blackouts and .308 Wins. with no blow-back.

I have one of their CQC brakes for 5.56 and will try firing one of my 5.56 rifles with the .30 caliber can. I expect there will be no blow-back due to the larger internal volume of the Bravo 1 can.

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen: