Fiocchi 9mm 158gr 9APE

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Fiocchi 9mm 158gr 9APE

Post by Jack_Bauer »

If you have purchased the Fiocchi 9mm 158gr 9APE in the past you noticed I'm sure that it has a round nose unlike most other sub-sonic ammo. Fiocchi has started to make the 9mm 158gr with flat nose, unfortunately the boxes are not labeled to indicated that. This is what I received from Fiocchi USA "You may likely find both in the marketplace as we are using bullets from more than one supplier to keep up with demand. Since suppressors have become more popular and available in the consumer market, demand for this 158 Sub ammo has drastically increased."
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Re: Fiocchi 9mm 158gr 9APE

Post by gsyoung54 »

Jack_Bauer wrote:If you have purchased the Fiocchi 9mm 158gr 9APE in the past you noticed I'm sure that it has a round nose unlike most other sub-sonic ammo. Fiocchi has started to make the 9mm 158gr with flat nose, unfortunately the boxes are not labeled to indicated that. This is what I received from Fiocchi USA "You may likely find both in the marketplace as we are using bullets from more than one supplier to keep up with demand. Since suppressors have become more popular and available in the consumer market, demand for this 158 Sub ammo has drastically increased."
I've bought cases of the Fiocchi 9 158gr and it has always had a flat nose, but I live in Alaska and maybe no one ever ordered the other one. I have had absolutely no feeding problems whatever in any of my handguns and I have a lot of them. I prefer Sigs and S&W M&P's as my suppressor platforms because of the timing of both of their blowbacks on the slide... they are just a hair slower than many other guns and gives the projectile and gasses a better chance to get out of the end of the suppressor rather than through the ejection port which increases noise. 1911's are good too. My $1,000 FNX is nosier than my Navy Sig P226 or the carry/compact Sig P320... which is a really nice gun and has a much better trigger and reset after I sent it in for the free recall fix.
I have had feeding problems with the piss-poor American Eagle 124 and 147 subsonic ammo in my handguns and especially my registered MP-5. In fact it's so noisy that it's embarrassing to shoot in a suppressed pistol compared to the Fiocchi. If you get a chance try some of the Sellier & Belot round nose 158 grain subs... they are just a bit quieter than the Fiocchi when fired in dry suppressors, can't hear much difference when shooting wet.
George