noob questions about AAC upper and Omega 300

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

humdinger

noob questions about AAC upper and Omega 300

Post by humdinger »

Ok so i have a Complete 300 blk AAC upper from the factory, it has the 51t brake, and i am wanting to buy the Omega 300.
When i went to order it, it had all the flash-hider and adapter options and i got a little spooked.
I have heard that the AAC QD method ends up wobbling. is this true/something to worry about?
i won't be doing any high volume, long period shooting just plinking and fun.
I am confused as to what kind of adapter i would need and if i need to go direct thread rather than the QD.
it was $200 cheaper with no adapters so i wanted to see if it was viable to order it that way.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: noob questions about AAC upper and Omega 300

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

The Omega usually comes with an ASR mount with muzzle device and a direct thread adapter in the box. Make sure you are not ordering Extra mounts you dont need.

Only reason I would switch to 51T mount would be if you have or plan on having other suppressors that have it. If not, stick with ASR, its a good system and can work with a bunch of other SilencerCo cans.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
humdinger

Post by humdinger »

so i'll have to take off the 51t that came on the upper then attach whatever comes with the Omega can, right?
sorry this is a little confusing
i feel like my 8 yr old trying to play video games with his 12 yr old brother.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Changing muzzle breaks is fairly easy, it is unscrew one and replace using some rockset thread lock (like loctite)

Flash hiders just go on, compensator comes with shims so you can get the vents lined up horizontally. You tube video simple or nominal fee to a gunsmith.

SilencerCo ships with a little tube of rockset and shims if needed, you can get them and the muzzle device from the box right away, you only wait on the suppressor. Should give you several months to sort it out.
humdinger

Post by humdinger »

forgot to mention my barrel is 16", how will that affect my decision? is the Omega 300 still viable? i keep hearing something about 8" barrels and the Omega.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

You are fine, if your barrel was less than 8" you could have a problem.