New! Octane Front Cap Wrench

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

chase
Silent But Deadly

New! Octane Front Cap Wrench

Post by chase »

Due to customer demand:

New from Warren Innovative Technologies, LLC: The Front Cap Wrench for the Silencerco Octane series of sound suppressors.

Are you tired of damaging the finish on your Octane's front cap by using the piston as an installation or removal tool? Are you concerned that you could damage your expensive piston when applying serious torque on a carbon-fouled can? Do you only have one piston and don't feel like removing it from the booster assembly when it's needed?

Our new wrench solves all of these problems.

See more details and pictures of our new Octane Front Cap Wrenches here:
Octane Front Cap Wrench Details

See our entire line of tools here:
Complete Line of Suppressor Tools
Last edited by chase on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hyrulejedi86
Senior Silent Operator

Re: New! Octane Front Cap Wrench

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Nice designs, What material are these printed with?
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

PLA polymer, which is robust enough for this application. I've shipped 103 of these without problems.
Chase

suppressortools.com
savage54

Post by savage54 »

chase wrote:PLA polymer, which is robust enough for this application. I've shipped 103 of these without problems.
I received mine this morning, and have tested it. It works GREAT.

When you compare the pattern on this wrench to the pattern of the piston, you'll see that Chase has lengthened the "teeth", and possibly also widened them a little. This works great because, as you know, the piston has some slop when you use it. With the piston, I could wiggle the piston around inside the end cap, and when I rotate it to unscrew the cap, it rotates several degrees before it actually engages the cap and starts to unscrew. With the wrench, there is virtually no wiggle and only a minimal amount of free rotation before the cap begins to unscrew.

I wanted this wrench because I found it hard, even with gloves, to hold onto the 3/4" diameter of the piston and exert enough force to unscrew the cap when things got dirty. The piston was slippery, the cap was gritty, it was just a pain to get the cap off. With the wrench, I'm able to get much better grip, using more of my hand compared to just my finger tips.

The ultimate test will be when I try this on a dirty suppressor, but I feel confident that it will be much easier with the wrench than without. I have no concerns about the robustness of the wrench.

FULL DISCLOSURE - when Chase says "Due to customer demand", I was the customer, or one of them. Take that for what it's worth when reading my comments.

(ETA the discosure)
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Post by gsyoung54 »

chase wrote:Due to customer demand:

New from Warren Innovative Technologies, LLC: The Front Cap Wrench for the Silencerco Octane series of sound suppressors.

Are you tired of damaging the finish on your Octane's front cap by using the piston as an installation or removal tool? Are you concerned that you could damage your expensive piston when applying serious torque on a carbon-fouled can? Do you only have one piston and don't feel like removing it from the booster assembly when it's needed?

Our new wrench solves all of these problems.

Just received mine and it works great... no more either taking my piston off, which sometimes is difficult, or finding another compatible one to use to remove my front cap. Used it last night at the range, tapped out the baffles and wiped everything off, used an ablative and put it all back together in about three minutes. Also got one for the Dead Air Ghost.. now I'm forced to buy a Ghost since I have the tool. Actually, there appears to be a common sale at the NFA places where you can get a Ghost M at HALF Price if you buy another Dead Air suppressor. I didn't check to see if you could buy the .22 Mask HD and still get the Ghost M for half price but I need a Wolverine so that's what I'm doing. I think you also get a coupon, at least from Silencer Shop for a few dollars worth of rebate or accessories...

Get this tool and put it in your bag!
George from Alaska
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

Thank you for the really great reviews, gentlemen! I'm delighted that you are happy with these.

All models are in stock and ship immediately.

Chase

suppressortools.com