aris suppressor to dead air key-mo Mount

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

studd_one2000

aris suppressor to dead air key-mo Mount

Post by studd_one2000 »

Looking to see if this mount (Dead Air Key-Mo) will attached to an HTG Aris or Black Rain Aris Suppressors? Trying to convert an Aris to a quick disconnect option. Any help appreciated.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Re: aris suppressor to dead air key-mo Mount

Post by fishman »

Have you tried calling them and asking for thread specs? Have you tried measuring your tube threads?
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
Mageever
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mageever »

Wish I could help you. I didn't even know Black Rain was making suppressors. They've never reached out to us for info on the Key-Mo. HTG Aris? Haven't heard that name in long time... I'm guessing it could be close. 1.375-24 is a pretty logical thread for a 1.5" diameter tube. There's more to it than that, though.

So is Black Rain licensing the old HTG baffles? I hope they changed the crazy tight bores that I heard HTG used to use.

If you know anyone over there, have them contact me and try to help them out any way I can.

Todd Magee
[email protected]
studd_one2000

Post by studd_one2000 »

Thanks for the info Todd. i Just ordered a Key-Mo for an Omega mount. Will let you know if it mates up.
studd_one2000

Post by studd_one2000 »

Well its a no-go on the threads. It screwed in about 3 threads no problem and then it got tight and stopped. Upon viewing the threads it appears the Key-Mo has a little more aggressive peaks and valleys.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

studd_one2000 wrote:Well its a no-go on the threads. It screwed in about 3 threads no problem and then it got tight and stopped. Upon viewing the threads it appears the Key-Mo has a little more aggressive peaks and valleys.
It could be possible to send everything to an 07/02 and have the threads recut for the Keymo. If you like the can, that's the best mounting system on the market right now

OR, you could buy a Sandman!
studd_one2000

Post by studd_one2000 »

just getting the can Re-threaded for the Key-Mo should know by this friday.
studd_one2000

Post by studd_one2000 »

Well as promise here is the new set up! Took matters into my own hands and cut the original threads cut off and rethreaded the can to accept the new Dead Air Key-Mo mount! In doing so however i had to do with out 1 baffle.