YHM Resonator

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Wile_E_Coyote

YHM Resonator

Post by Wile_E_Coyote »

Still waiting on my first can, a Saker 762.

I've been looking at what I would get for a second. The Wilson looks decent, but the YHM Resonator looks pretty good to. Seems to rank well on being quiet.

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks in advance.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: YHM Resonator

Post by quiettime »

YHM makes decent cans for the money. Th eu usually perform pretty well.

Their mounting system kind of sucks. Relies on teeth and springs. Not super repeatable. Repeatability isn't important to zombie killers but if you plan on using on a precision rifle I'd look elsewhere
Wile_E_Coyote

Post by Wile_E_Coyote »

quiettime wrote:YHM makes decent cans for the money. Th eu usually perform pretty well.

Their mounting system kind of sucks. Relies on teeth and springs. Not super repeatable. Repeatability isn't important to zombie killers but if you plan on using on a precision rifle I'd look elsewhere
Thanks for the reply and info. I've pretty much narrowed it down to an Omega, Recce 7 or Sig. Really kind of leaning towards the Omega.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Omega is a nice can, a friend has one. I have the Recce and I liked it enough to also buy the Recce 5
Wile_E_Coyote

Post by Wile_E_Coyote »

quiettime wrote:Omega is a nice can, a friend has one. I have the Recce and I liked it enough to also buy the Recce 5
Good to know, thank you. From the research I did that's why the Recce was in the running.

On a side note, been waiting for my dealer to call. Thursday afternoon I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my flight. Guess who calls. Can't pick it up till Monday because my flight back isn't till Saturday night and they're closed Sunday. Oh well, the way things work out. :lol: