Nearly 7 weeks later......

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

powderburn
Silent But Deadly

Nearly 7 weeks later......

Post by powderburn »

yesterday was the day i had been waiting for.....after some minor speedbumps in the paperwork in the past couple of weeks and a lot of anxious waiting, i finally got my call yesterday....here she is! An AAC Evolution .45

I hope to enjoy a long time of learning about stuff on here and acquiring much more in the future! :D
mtk
Silent But Deadly

Post by mtk »

Congrats on the new silencer!

Now go get some color photocopies of that Form 4; they look so much nicer with a full-color stamp. :D
Michael T. Kasimirsky
Finleyville, PA
NewGunner
Silent Operator

Post by NewGunner »

Congrats Powderburn... now shoot it and post a review!
hoffar45
Silent Operator

Evo 45

Post by hoffar45 »

Nice choice, I have one and have the pistons for several different platforms.
sig 220 glock 30 glock 36 glock 21sf hk tactical hk mark 23, this is one versatile suppressor and it cycles all my 45's. Good shooting friend.
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Congratulations
powderburn
Silent But Deadly

Post by powderburn »

hoffar, how do you like it?

I have been getting mixed opinions on the .45 cans both from people on this board and in person....some say its not hearing safe dry, while others say it is to an extent but to really get the amazing effects you should run it wet....im not gonna get a chance to try it out till monday when i get to work (I work at a gunshop/pistol range)....any words of wisdom? Id like to think im pretty knowledgable on regular firearms and such, but when it comes to class III im still learning as much as i can as quickly as possible to keep up with the joneses lol :lol:
hoffar45
Silent Operator

Evo 45

Post by hoffar45 »

Well I love it, never had a suppressor that would cycle any gun I put it on, and it does it flawlessly. Shooting it wet is much better, it can start to hurt your ears dry, its kind of a pop to me when it is dry. Want some advice get a water bottle and fill it with it. Its easy and no smoke, Ive tried every kind of oil and grease and even that wire pulling gel, use water it works. The first day I had it I put it on my sig 220 combat tb, and I shot a ragged hole at about 15 yds or so. Also pick up some s and b ammo, it seems to like this kind of ammo the best. Winchester 100 rd pack is also good. When it come to a 45 you really can't go too wrong, most hardball is pretty close to being the same. Have fun on Monday, I will be going out also, bought a brand new Gem-tech sos 45.
powderburn
Silent But Deadly

Post by powderburn »

well i got an unexpected surprise today when my g/f's dad (my regular range buddy) called and said hed take a trip to the outdoor range w/ me. I grabbed my HK tactical, the Evo 45 and 100 rounds of american eagle 230gr and headed out. I shot 50 rounds thru the gun unsuppressed and i liked it alot. It was the first time shooting both the gun and the can. Bought both for each other....I then screwed the can on and wasnt quite sure what to expect. I fired the first magazine and was blown away on how impressed i was! I didnt expect the .45 can to be this quiet. I guess i had my expectations pretty low from what ive heard about them. Add to that the fact that somehow my groups went from fist size to a single ragged hole at 7 yards after putting the can on. I dont know how that happened but i consistently shot more accurately for the next few magazines. I have to say im VERY impressed with this suppressor. The sound reduction was enough that when my g'f's dad shot it, i stood right next to him a foot away and took my earplugs out and it didnt hurt. I cant imagine how awesome itd be wet. It also changed the characteristic of the sound as well. Sounded less like a gunshot and more like rapping a plank of something onto a hard surface. But definitely not a gunshot. I now need to figure out how to finance an M4-2000 and an EVO-9 8)
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

H&K and an Evo-45 combo is my favorite pistol can combo I have.
yondering
Silent But Deadly

?

Post by yondering »

powderburn, do you mind sharing what hiccups you had with the paperwork? Anything unexpected, or just some mistakes on filling out the forms?
Thanks.
powderburn
Silent But Deadly

Post by powderburn »

the hiccups in my paperwork were partly my fault and party my Class III dealers fault. I had sent in a full copy of my trust but left out my schedule A because most of the people here had stated you didnt need to send that. I found out 4 weeks into my process that my examiner wanted my schedule A before she could go any further with my application. I had faxed my schedule to my dealer to be faxed to ATF. A week went by...nothing.....i called my dealer and they said they had faxed it right after they got it. Well i called ATF a week after THAT and found out my examiner had never even received it. So i asked her if i could fax it directly to ATF instead of through my dealer and she OK'd that. So literally as soon as she received my fax i was approved and it was mailed. So technically my process shouldnt of been more than 4 or 5 weeks.....But in the end it was worth it!