Transporting and using a suppressor in a different state

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Crossleyt

Transporting and using a suppressor in a different state

Post by Crossleyt »

I am in a trust in Colorado and we have several suppressors. I winter in Florida and would like to use on at the range here in Florida. Can I have a copy of the trust, and tax stamp to be able to use the suppressor legally?
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Transporting and using a suppressor in a different state

Post by poikilotrm »

Silencers are legal in Florida, so you do not need to beg massa's permission prior to transport. Make sure you have copies of your tax stamps for the local yokels, should the need arise.

You only need permission to transport SBR’s, SBS’s, machineguns, destructive devices, and AOWs.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

poikilotrm wrote: You only need permission to transport SBR’s, SBS’s, machineguns, destructive devices, and AOWs.
Not needed for AOWs either.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I did not know that. Thank you.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.