Current gold standard for rimfire can?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Elkins45
Senior Silent Operator

Current gold standard for rimfire can?

Post by Elkins45 »

What’s the current winner for best rimfire can? Quietness and ease of cleaning are about even with regards to my definition of “best” with quiet perhaps taking a slight lead.

I currently own a Form 1 rimfire can and a Spectre II. My homemade can is as quiet as the Spectre but it’s also quite a bit bigger. I thought about just doing another Form 1 but if there’s a better can than the Spectre II I would probably spring for it.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Current gold standard for rimfire can?

Post by John A. »

There are a couple rimfire cans that meter in the lower 114's or so now which in reality is down into the floor of action noise.

The gemtech mist and the Liberty Vector is also good too. And probably easier to clean than the former.
I don't care what your chart says
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

TBAC Takedown .22 is one of the quietest on a pistol at 118 dB, also runs about 114 on a rifle. But it's a little heavy and not modular.

I have no direct experience with the Rugged Occulus, but hear good things.

There are so dang many, though, and most of them are at least decent. It's just not that difficult to suppress .22.

Of course, I have a model that meters 115 on 16" rifles and 121 on pistols. Technically two, a 1.0" x 5.5", 4.1 ounce Ti tube critter with 416 SS blast baffle and 7075-T651 for the rest, and a modular version with all stainless baffles that tips the scales at 5.5 oz and can be 3.0" or 5.5"

Standard Ocelot on the Beretta Jaguar, Ocelot Micro on the Bauer .25

Ocelot M on the Jaguar

FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
Elkins45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Elkins45 »

A local shop has the Sig SRD22X for $279, which seems like a good deal. I watched a video where a guy from Sig claimed 110 dB on a rifle. That sounds like a pretty quiet can.
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Mask HD is a darn good performer.

Against my Warlock II (aluminum Spectre II) it is hands down winner with almost no FRP and nicer tone to boot.

There are lots of truly great rimfire cans on the market now but I can honestly say after a couple years with the Mask I'm still glad I bought it.