Suppressor compatible flash suppressor recomendations

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

zcav8or

Suppressor compatible flash suppressor recomendations

Post by zcav8or »

I am currently working on a SBR AR-15 to shoot 300 blackout both suppressed and unsuppressed. My issue is that the barrel I want to use is 12.5 inches and the handguard I am using (handguard has been cerakoted a certain way I want so I don’t really have the option to choose a different handguard) is 12 inches. I want to be able to attach a sound suppressor but the handguard is not wide enough for the suppressor to fit underneath. Are there any flash suppressors that will extend and attachable sound suppressor further forward as to not be blocked by the handguard?
bigj480

Re: Suppressor compatible flash suppressor recomendations

Post by bigj480 »

There is almost certainly a setup that will work in your situation. Some adaptors place the suppressor farther forward than others, some suppressors have a reduced OD at the rear that would likely fit under your handguard. However, one would really have to know more information than the nominal length of your barrel and handguard. The actual setback of the barrel and shoulder and the ID of the handguard are needed. Anyway, unless one has personal experience with such a setup they would really have to get now in the weeds to find out the mounted dimensions on many suppressors as manufacturers don't do a great job of making this available on their product pages. I suggest you as on an AR forum when these things are dealt with a lot and someone might have firsthand knowledge.