HK "NAVY" STYLE 3-LUG SUPPRESSOR ADAPTER W 1/2-28 MUZZLE?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Optimus-Prime

HK "NAVY" STYLE 3-LUG SUPPRESSOR ADAPTER W 1/2-28 MUZZLE?

Post by Optimus-Prime »

I'm new to the silencer world and this forum. Just got done purchasing a Griffin armament optimus the other day and had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me answer. Will this https://www.inleadwetrust.com/products/ ... r-1-2-x-28 work with my optimus (I ordered the 3 lug mount for it)? Also do 3 lug quick connects work on 9mm pistols? Specifically on a walther ppq with a threaded barrel kit. I'm thinking not if my understanding of the Nielsen devices purpose is correct. Not sure if these are dumb questions or not like I said I'm new to this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
cdl

Re: HK "NAVY" STYLE 3-LUG SUPPRESSOR ADAPTER W 1/2-28 MUZZLE?

Post by cdl »

The 3 lug adapter and piston would occupy the same space in the suppressor. It's one or the other and you probably want the other on that pistol. A 3 lug on a Browning action doesn't really do anything for you except make it a single shot. Might be nice on something with a fixed barrel though.
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Re: HK "NAVY" STYLE 3-LUG SUPPRESSOR ADAPTER W 1/2-28 MUZZLE?

Post by gsyoung54 »

Optimus-Prime wrote:I'm new to the silencer world and this forum. Just got done purchasing a Griffin armament optimus the otheunr day and had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me answer. Will this https://www.inleadwetrust.com/products/ ... r-1-2-x-28 work with my optimus (I ordered the 3 lug mount for it)? Also do 3 lug quick connects work on 9mm pistols? Specifically on a walther ppq with a threaded barrel kit. I'm thinking not if my understanding of the Nielsen devices purpose is correct. Not sure if these are dumb questions or not like I said I'm new to this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
Need to be careful when ordering both the Griffin 3 lug and the part that goes into the supressor. I just ordered some and they make two models... the 9mm which is compatible with H&K three lug barrels and Griffin also makes a three lug threaded for the common .45 thread pitch but as the guy up above has already said it will usually convert your gong into a single shot because if no LID aka Neilsen Device.
I do have a Browning Hi-Power and a very light AWC HP-9 "Hush Puppy" suppressor that works flawlessly with subsonic ammo....probably because of the lightness of the suppressor. The story goes that the original Hush Puppy was inspired or made by Reed Knight and was issued to special ops guys specifically to take out barking guard dogs, hence "Hush Puppy". It was supplied with subsonic ammo and a S&W 9mm two digit model. Each box of ammunition came with two sets of wipes... my AWC version came with wipes installed and I had paid for six more sets.... back then you could do that....
I have quieter 9mm suppressors but nothing nearly as short and light... un
George from Alaska