AAC Cyclone K question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

metallicgraph

AAC Cyclone K question

Post by metallicgraph »

ok guys so maybe this is a stupid question. But can you shoot 9mm through a AAC Cyclone K suppressor. I cant seem to find any concrete yes or no.
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC Cyclone K question

Post by glocker17 »

One time only.
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Post by #40Fan »

I am sure you could pull the trigger multiple times. Now, whether bad things happen is another story.

OP, the AAC Cyclone is made for a .308. Bore is probably .350" to .380". Find out what that 9mm you want to put through it is in diameter.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Do NOT shoot 9mm through a Cyclone.
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

#40Fan wrote:I am sure you could pull the trigger multiple times. Now, whether bad things happen is another story.

OP, the AAC Cyclone is made for a .308. Bore is probably .350" to .380". Find out what that 9mm you want to put through it is in diameter.
If it's like the SD and SDN, right smack dab in the middle of that range at .365".

OP, .010" diametral clearance isn't enough, period. Even if you have perfect axial alignment with the bore, that little clearance is very likely to disrupt bullet stability and still cause a strike.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist