300blk Suppressor suggestions

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Br00D

300blk Suppressor suggestions

Post by Br00D »

Hey crew
I'm currently putting together a 300blk and I've joined up here to get some modern suggestions on a dedicated can for shooting subs. I made a thread over at arfcom about the build and it was suggested that I go with the 762sdn6. I did some digging and read people were loving the omega and sandman -s even more than the sdn6 but the thread was from 2015.

Currently in talks with a guy at Knights and he might be hookin it up with a 9.5" mod2 barrel but if that falls through I'll be going with a Noveske 8.5. This will be my first 300blk AR and the first 762 I'll be suppressing. Any and all advice would be fantastic.

What can do you have on your 300?
What can would you like to upgrade to?

Cheers
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300blk Suppressor suggestions

Post by paco ramirez »

If it's for subs specifically, and you want the best in sound reduction for a good quality silencer that's properly welded, buy a SIG SRD762Ti direct thread with the thin (~.04" wide) weld beads. Alternatively, our CGS Hyperion 762 is right there with it in sound reduction for subs and the Hyperion absolutely demolishes everything else in existence in supersonic sound reduction.

If you want a short silencer, but a Dead Air Nomad (QD or DT) or CGS Hyperion K 762 (DT only currently).

Don't bother with a 762SDN6 or Omega. The Nomad is better than the Sandman S for that role.
Br00D

Post by Br00D »

paco ramirez wrote:If it's for subs specifically, and you want the best in sound reduction for a good quality silencer that's properly welded, buy a SIG SRD762Ti direct thread with the thin (~.04" wide) weld beads. Alternatively, our CGS Hyperion 762 is right there with it in sound reduction for subs and the Hyperion absolutely demolishes everything else in existence in supersonic sound reduction.

If you want a short silencer, but a Dead Air Nomad (QD or DT) or CGS Hyperion K 762 (DT only currently).

Don't bother with a 762SDN6 or Omega. The Nomad is better than the Sandman S for that role.
Good info thank you.
I did some digging into the Hyperion and it doesn't seem like it's been out too long. Very little info on it though it does look very nice from the info that's out there.
What's CGS's timeline for suppressor mounts and the Hyperion QD? When are you going to ship to SilencerShop?

I don't really care about the length.. db suppression and weight are my biggest concerns. Primary to compatibility to my other 30 cal rifles. Once the build is dialed in it'll be my goto bedside HD weapon as well as hunting rifle.

What sort of mount is being developed? Taper, pin slot, plate slot? If I know that it would help me decide if I should wait for the mount or consider other QDs. Are you considering compatibility with mounting systems already on the market? GI/KAC? Griffin? SF? SiCo? AAC? Or are you creating your own proprietary? Would really really love to get some info on this as I've unexpectedly fallen in love with what I have seen so far on the Hyperion.

Thank you very much
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Br00D wrote: Good info thank you.
I did some digging into the Hyperion and it doesn't seem like it's been out too long. Very little info on it though it does look very nice from the info that's out there.
What's CGS's timeline for suppressor mounts and the Hyperion QD? When are you going to ship to SilencerShop?

I don't really care about the length.. db suppression and weight are my biggest concerns. Primary to compatibility to my other 30 cal rifles. Once the build is dialed in it'll be my goto bedside HD weapon as well as hunting rifle.

What sort of mount is being developed? Taper, pin slot, plate slot? If I know that it would help me decide if I should wait for the mount or consider other QDs. Are you considering compatibility with mounting systems already on the market? GI/KAC? Griffin? SF? SiCo? AAC? Or are you creating your own proprietary? Would really really love to get some info on this as I've unexpectedly fallen in love with what I have seen so far on the Hyperion.

Thank you very much
Hyperion has been out on the military market for around 2 years or so and has been on the civilian market in it's fixed front cap military form for around 6 months in limited numbers from production over runs. There is no timeline or details for the QD variant that I can share. I haven't decided whether or not the QD Hyperion will be made compatible with any other manufacturer. There are quite a few things to take into account and quite a few reasons not to use the 1.375x24 TPI mount interface. The Hyperion 762 direct thread has the same 25 deg taper as the SIG SRD762Ti direct thread.

If dB and weight are your considerations, then these are the five silencers to look at: CGS Hyperion 762, CGS Hyperion 762 K, SIG SRD762Ti direct thread (thin weld bead), SIG SRD762TiQD (thin weld bead). If supersonic suppression is also a concern then the Thunderbeast ultra 9 is also worth looking at as it's the closest performer to the Hyperion with supersonic ammo that's currently available.

Silencer Shop can buy CGS products whenever they want. It's up to them whether they want to buy silencers from us. If you want to see CGS products available from Silencer Shop, then the best thing to do is for people like yourself to email them or send them a message.

Thanks for your interest.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I have several 300BO setups and they are very different.
I have a tiny PDW build 8.3" barrel and Rugged Razor. It is a very compact SBR at just under 27" with suppressor collapsed and just under 31" extended. Suppression is OK, not much back pressure and very handy. I also have a Surge I can swap which is very good at suppression and comparable to the specwar below, but better mount IMO.

I have two others (8.3" and 10.3" barrels) that both have Odin adjustable gas blocks and Silencerco ASR mounts.
I think the dialing down the gas helps a lot with sound reduction. My quietest setup to my ear is tuned to barely cycle subs though a Specwar 7.62. Using my Saker gen 1 or Hybrid is barely off, followed by my Omega 9K.

Different setups for different reasons. PDW just needs to be hearing safe and handy. The 10.3" with SpecWar and adj gas is almost Hollywood quiet, but not as handy.

If I turn the gas off and cycle manually it is stupid quiet, the action makes a bunch of noise.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
Br00D

Post by Br00D »

Thanks guys I appreciate the suggestions. I have a lot to consider.

paco since you designed and released the Hyperion initially as direct thread only are you considering designing and offering a service for your customers to switch to QD after you release that version? (Like the thunderbeast) In all honesty I probably won't be hitting the confirm order button any time soon but I'm very interested in your Hyperion and would be even more so if I could purchase your removable end cap DT version knowing later I could pay you a couple more bucks to have it converted to your QD.
Thank you
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

Big +1 for the Sig SRD762 suggestion. I'm running a 12" bbl pistol length gassed 300 BLK and the Sig SRD762 Ti can along with my handloaded 220 gr Leatherhead subs. All's I mostly hear is trigger clicks and the buffer spring "twang" and a lame "pffart" in my ears. Not "hollywood quiet" but dam stealthy ! Accuracy ? well.... meh I can thump a 14x16 gong at 200 meters so it's decent.