Launched my SilencerCo Omega300 - Repair?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

MaverickNH

Launched my SilencerCo Omega300 - Repair?

Post by MaverickNH »

I launched my SilencerCo Omega 300 20yd today on the first 556 round from my Tavor X95. I last shot ~1000rd in May and did a thorough cleaning of the rifle, and pulled off the ARS Mount and cap to brush it out. I have the muzzle brake fixed with Rockset and it's still solid.

I must have cross-threaded it when I reassembled - I can't think of any other reason it would be misaligned.

I'll check with my FFL to see if it can go back for repair or replacement - maybe they can get a better cost than I can direct.

I assume if replaced I can do so w/o a new tax stamp if SilencerCo destroys the old one and put the old SN on a new one?

Advice appreciated - I think I know what an alignment rod is good for now ;-)
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Launched my SilencerCo Omega300 - Repair?

Post by Sigproshooter »

Gem tax applied if tube is replaced. Hopefully it's repairable.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Once upon a time the manufacturer could replace the tube with one having the same serial number. Don't think that is allowed any more.

That being said, SIlencerco can probably just replace the stack. They are very, very good.

See what happens. It must be legal and Silencerco does understand current interpretation of the regulations!
Brittsc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Brittsc »

I launched my Harvester Big Bore. (my fault of course) They fixed, no questions asked, Tube was not damaged that I am aware of. Cost a fortune to ship insured.

Britt
rb288

Post by rb288 »

Call Silencerco, tell them the problem, they will send you a return label, send the can to them, in about 3 weeks you will receive a good as new, repaired, suppressor.
That's what you do, at least with Silencerco.
Specwar 762
Specwar 556
2 Hybrids
Omega
Obsidian 45

18" Keltec RFB
8.25" 300blk sbr
10.5" 5.56 sbr
10.5" 6.5 g sbr
bolt actions in 223, 556, 6.5 c, 300blk, 308, 8x57, 450bm