Best suppressor for MP5 on trilug mount?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jwise
Silent Operator

Best suppressor for MP5 on trilug mount?

Post by jwise »

I have a couple MP5 clones that have trilug mounts.

I am currently running a 45 Octane with Griffin Armament trilug adaptor. It is a really great can and suppresses really well.

However, I have a few cans incoming:

Omega 9K (any day now)
Octane 45K (a ways off)
Octane 9 (a ways off)

I'm planning to switch the Griffin Armament adaptor to the Omega 9K for use on the MP5s for now, but was wondering what I should expect from the Octane 9 and Octane 45K.

To those who have these (or others?), what is the best can for the MP5 platform with trilug mount?
J. Wise
jwise
Silent Operator

Re: Best suppressor for MP5 on trilug mount?

Post by jwise »

BTW- I also have an AAC TiRant 9 that is back at AAC getting repaired (K baffle broke).

I have pistons for the Octane 45/45K for 16mm LH (Kriss Vector), .578x28 (45acp handguns) and 1/2x28 (9mm handguns).

The plan was as follows, but I'm asking because I'm not sure my plan is the best route to take:

Omega 9k and Octane 9 (with trilug adaptors) for MP5s and MPX (w/ trilug barrel)
Octane 45k for Kriss Vector (16mmLH)
AAC TiRant 9 for 9mm handguns with 1/2x28 piston
Octane 45 for .45acp handguns with .578x28 piston

I think this covers all my handguns and PCCs.
J. Wise
gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Re: Best suppressor for MP5 on trilug mount?

Post by gsyoung54 »

I have been a FFL/SOT for over 20 years. Have a lot of suppressors in inventory and have bought, sold and shot almost every type and brand.
I own two rrMP5s and also have a registered trigger pack and three other MP5s I shoot all the time, upwards of 5-6 times a week.
Best MP5 suppressors I have ever heard are the MysticX shot wet and the new Wolfman wet or dry. I'm buying another Wolfman so I don't have to strip one gun to feed another.
PPU or IMI 158 gr subs or the new to me Remimgton green box 147 gr subs at 935 fps are very quiet also.
Fiocchi 158s are very good also but I haven't seen them for awhile.
George from Alaska