6.5 Grendel Recommendation?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, renegade, bakerjw

Rob1928

6.5 Grendel Recommendation?

Post by Rob1928 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm

I've got a 16" and 12.5" Grendel and a 9.5" Blackout and am wanting to buy two cans to cover them, preferably direct threat for flexibility moving them around to other rifles. My priorities are light weight and durability (I know...).

Here's what I've narrowed my list to the Liberty Sovereign, Liberty Infinity X, and SilencerCo Omega 300.

My thinking is that eany will work on the blackout,the infinity is extremely light, and it could be used on a 357 levergun.

First question, even though the Infinity is rated for the Grendel and for 223 down to 11.5", it is realistic expect it to hold up to a steady diet of 6.5 loads?

Second question, what other cans should I be considering?

Thanks

Warlock

Re: 6.5 Grendel Recommendation?

Post by Warlock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:50 pm

I have the Omega 300 on my 20" 6.5 Grendel.

I started with direct thread and then decided to go with the ASR mount supplied with the can because it's easier to switch the can between hosts.

The Omega does a great job on the 20", nice and quiet. I would suggest the Omega but that is because I have one. I haven't fired any other cans.

I can go ears off even with supersonics.
You only think you are alone